Why I hate Pro Sports....

General NFL News
TAFKASP

Why I hate Pro Sports....

Post by TAFKASP »

Lifelong Chargers fans and many St.Louis Rams fans have grown up with their team, and all of them have just been abandoned. The Rams owner purchased the team with every intention of moving, sickening.

I remember when the North Stars abandoned Minnesota, I had long since moved away myself but my loyalty remained and I was absolutely heartbroken. I have never again watched the Star with any hope of than total destruction! For all that we have to complain about with Taylor's ownership, and we have a lot, he's been loyal to Minnesota!
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Re: Why I hate Pro Sports....

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

TheSP wrote:Lifelong Chargers fans and many St.Louis Rams fans have grown up with their team, and all of them have just been abandoned. The Rams owner purchased the team with every intention of moving, sickening.

I remember when the North Stars abandoned Minnesota, I had long since moved away myself but my loyalty remained and I was absolutely heartbroken. I have never again watched the Star with any hope of than total destruction! For all that we have to complain about with Taylor's ownership, and we have a lot, he's been loyal to Minnesota!

Very true. I think most fans recognize and appreciate Taylor's loyalty to the state.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Q12543 wrote:
TheSP wrote:Lifelong Chargers fans and many St.Louis Rams fans have grown up with their team, and all of them have just been abandoned. The Rams owner purchased the team with every intention of moving, sickening.

Very true. I think most fans recognize and appreciate Taylor's loyalty to the state.

It does suck I hate that teams are moving. At least the Rams are moving back where they were for many years. I personally know a guy that grew up watching the Rams with Watner etc and now isn't interested in following them since they are moving back to LA. He isn't a big NFL guy though he is more of a college sports guy.

It does sound like the Chargers aren't drawing fans at their stadium so we will see what happens. They have been a team I have liked since the days of Fouts and Winslow.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Q... St. Louis was only willing to pony up $400M of public money (and one of the most lucrative naming rights deals) for the billionaire owner.

Kroenke was right when he said "Any NFL Club that signs on to this proposal in St. Louis will be well on the road to financial ruin."

Owning a pro sports team is harder than you people think. There's no way to make money with it... regardless of how much free stuff you get from the public.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

As for pro teams leaving... I feel even worse when it has less to do with money and more to do with sketchy behavior from the owners.

For example, George Shinn's rape case had A LOT to do with the Hornets leaving. And even here... Norm Green's sexual misconduct/assault case was partially behind him hightailing it out of town.

Then, you have cases like the Sonics leaving for greener pastures... .... ... in OKC? What?
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I think it sucks when they move and keep the names. Rams belong in LA. Cardinals don't belong in Arizona. It is a business. I am glad the Vikings got a stadium, but I wish it was in Arden Hills.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I was in LA last week and polled the room of 20 asking if they were excited the RAMs were coming back. Nobody cared. It will be interesting how this team draws in a few years if they are not winning.