2020 NFL Draft Day Thread

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
Monster

Re: 2020 NFL Draft Day Thread

Post by Monster »

So here is the current return on trading Diggs.

Justin Jefferson with pick 22
2021 4th pick from the Bills
2021 4th round pick from the Bears
2021 5th round pick from the Ravens
Kenny Willekes with pick 225

They also gave up a 7th round pick in the Dogs trade 239 that the Bills selected CB Dane Jackson
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Dane Jackson was a great pick in 7th round.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

monsterpile wrote:
TheGrey08 wrote:
Agreed. Williams wants huge money too. I was seeing that Reiff could be a designated June 1 cut and it would save them 11m. At this point I'm hoping Reiff can slide inside to guard.

13 million (9 million in savings if they cut him) to play guard?!??? Hell no.

Oh for sure lol, that's the big piece of it for me. If he slides to guard they need to restructure him for sure. It's too bad they haven't been able to do it already. If they could extend Harris to lower his cap hit by 4-5m and reduce Reiff it would have given them the funds to bring Everson back or to spend 8m+ on another need.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

bleedspeed177 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:Cameron Dantzler another CB. This guy has a lot of length. Seems like a pretty good talent. What do they add next?

Yeah he is a great pick. Teams avoided him. He had a crappy 40 at combine with a 4.6, but as his pro day he ran a 4.38.

Numerous times I heard people saying he gained weight and his 40 time tanked, but one of the local guys said he actually had a muscle strain. I forget if it was his hammy or quad, but they said that hampered him at the combine and lead him skip some things.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

monsterpile wrote:Any thoughts on what some other teams have done? My good friend that's a Packed fan was Pissed of about the Dillon pick at RB. I thought drafting a young QB made some sense.

Jalen Hurts to Philly. Good spot for him to land and learn. All their QBs on the roster are mobile guys so he fits there.

Bears got a TE that looks pretty good. They now have 10 TEs and they had let Burton go.

There is more interesting stuff but I'm forgetting it.

Man, the Packers had a terrible draft. Rodgers has FOUR years left and they drafted their QB of the future. Makes no sense. Dillion at RB was drafted what, 2 or 3 rounds early? Then they take a TE/FB in the 3rd who was also picked 2 or 3 rounds early. Just a baffling terrible draft that I'm sure makes us Vikings fans really happy haha.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

crazysauce wrote:https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29097412/redskins-ot-trent-williams-denies-nixing-potential-trade-vikings?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Apparently the whole williams not wanting to go to vikings is not true according to williams. This whole thing has turned into a joke. I tend to believe Williamd here as we have been rumored to get him for a while and now sll of a sudden he doesnt want to play here doesnt make much sense to me.

Yeah, the local guys were reporting this too and saying if he didn't want to play here he wouldn't have continued to talk to the MN. They also reported that the Vikings would have had an extension as part of the trade deal where as the 49ers deal has no plans of extending him in the near future.

Given those details, I think it came down to the 49ers jumping in and Williams having his pick of the 2 and he ended up going with his former coach that he's really close with over MN. I have no problem with that. The Vikings were also hesitant about giving him a big contract.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

TheGrey08 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:Any thoughts on what some other teams have done? My good friend that's a Packed fan was Pissed of about the Dillon pick at RB. I thought drafting a young QB made some sense.

Jalen Hurts to Philly. Good spot for him to land and learn. All their QBs on the roster are mobile guys so he fits there.

Bears got a TE that looks pretty good. They now have 10 TEs and they had let Burton go.

Man, the Packers had a terrible draft. Rodgers has FOUR years left and they drafted their QB of the future. Makes no sense. Dillion at RB was drafted what, 2 or 3 rounds early? Then they take a TE/FB in the 3rd who was also picked 2 or 3 rounds early. Just a baffling terrible draft that I'm sure makes us Vikings fans really happy haha.

I am a fan of Dillion. I do think they picked him early, but who is going to want to try and tackle him in December. I get the Love pick. The kid has a special talent and Rodgers has gotten hurt enough that they need a backup. The rest of the draft was horrible in my eyes.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/packers-draft-picks-2020-nfl-draft-grades-by-team-all-of-green-bays-selections/
Monster

Post by Monster »

TheGrey08 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
TheGrey08 wrote:
Agreed. Williams wants huge money too. I was seeing that Reiff could be a designated June 1 cut and it would save them 11m. At this point I'm hoping Reiff can slide inside to guard.

13 million (9 million in savings if they cut him) to play guard?!??? Hell no.

Oh for sure lol, that's the big piece of it for me. If he slides to guard they need to restructure him for sure. It's too bad they haven't been able to do it already. If they could extend Harris to lower his cap hit by 4-5m and reduce Reiff it would have given them the funds to bring Everson back or to spend 8m+ on another need.

Why would Reiff take a pay cut because a team moves him to guard? He is a decent LT those guys get paid. Heck good guards (I'm skeptical of him being good there) get paid. I wouldn't hold my breath on saving much meaningful money if Reiff redoes his contract...or it happening at all. If they want to bring back Griffen cutting Reiff would probably get them enough flexibility to entertain the idea.

I tend to think if they cut Reiff it will be to facilitate signing someone or maybe even a group of players. You could cut Reiff and through 3-4 million at whatever decent guard gets cut loose kinda like Kline last year. Does anyone remember if Rashod Hill has played any snaps at guard? This team suddenly has a pretty nice depth at Tackle but the guards are lacking. That's a better problem than the other way around.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:
TheGrey08 wrote:

I am a fan of Dillion. I do think they picked him early, but who is going to want to try and tackle him in December. I get the Love pick. The kid has a special talent and Rodgers has gotten hurt enough that they need a backup. The rest of the draft was horrible in my eyes.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/packers-draft-picks-2020-nfl-draft-grades-by-team-all-of-green-bays-selections/

Wow they didn't take a single WR?
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Packers and Bears did not do well.