We got him, Ngakoue

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
Monster

Re: We got him, Ngakoue

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Listening to PA. He brought up the run defense concerns. Talking that they might cut Rieff.

It's being reported they want him to take a pay cut. I wonder what kind of pay cut they are asking him to take. I wonder what teams have money to sign him right now. Meanwhile if they cut him they would have money to spend on a guard if they wanted to go that route and that may make some sense.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I would think they would want to move down from 11M to 9-7M range. He has 4.4M coming to him if he is cut. 2.2M this year and 2.2M next year. Likely wiping out next year money and bringing it forward.

If he walks I would go young.

LT - O'Nelll
LG - Cleveland
C - Bradbury
RG - Samia
RT - Odoh

Elfein and Hill as backups.

Rieff restructures.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2020/9/1/21417195/riley-reiff-agrees-to-restructure-contract-minnesota-vikings
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Rieff restructures.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2020/9/1/21417195/riley-reiff-agrees-to-restructure-contract-minnesota-vikings

I saw something That said his agent looked into trades. I'd guess he also did that to see what kind of money teams were willing to pay him if he got cut. The feedback may have led him to tell Reiff...you better talk with the Vikings about a restructure. It will be interesting to see what he gets. I wonder if maybe they might give him a bit more guaranteed money for next season...unless they really had him over a barrel. I know Reiff isnt amazing but I'm glad he is still on the roster. He doesn't suck and that's kinda good for a Vikings olineman. Lol

monsterpile wrote:

I saw something That said his agent looked into trades. I'd guess he also did that to see what kind of money teams were willing to pay him if he got cut. The feedback may have led him to tell Reiff...you better talk with the Vikings about a restructure. It will be interesting to see what he gets. I wonder if maybe they might give him a bit more guaranteed money for next season...unless they really had him over a barrel. I know Reiff isnt amazing but I'm glad he is still on the roster. He doesn't suck and that's kinda good for a Vikings olineman. Lol

Yeah - Think letting an agent look for trades is just a way the Vikings can say we are not going to go after teams for tampering.

I really think we got a great situational pass rusher. I am not sure he is really worth more than Hunters current contract. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I am starting to worry about resigning O'Neill.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

I've worked on and off in Okoboji Iowa this summer. Rieffs building a huge home out there. I think he's wanting to stick around.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

Yeah - Think letting an agent look for trades is just a way the Vikings can say we are not going to go after teams for tampering.

I really think we got a great situational pass rusher. I am not sure he is really worth more than Hunters current contract. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I am starting to worry about resigning O'Neill.

He isn't going to be cheap. The Vikings need to keep hitting on some young players to fill in when they have to make tough cuts like they did this year.

monsterpile wrote:

He isn't going to be cheap. The Vikings need to keep hitting on some young players to fill in when they have to make tough cuts like they did this year.

It might be cheaper to keep him at RT for now. He has better measurables than Cleveland as a LT. I am guessing that is why they moved Cleveland to guard. O'Neill, Cleveland, and Bradbury would have to be the fastest leftside in the NFL. All ran sub 5 40's.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

bleedspeed177 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

It might be cheaper to keep him at RT for now. He has better measurables than Cleveland as a LT. I am guessing that is why they moved Cleveland to guard. O'Neill, Cleveland, and Bradbury would have to be the fastest leftside in the NFL. All ran sub 5 40's.

Unfortunately when you spend on the QB you're gonna have to sacrifice on the line or the skill positions. Then when you factor in how much we pay our defense we have even less to work with on the offensive side of the ball. The WR corps is stripped down to just Thielen now and we are pretty much guaranteed to lose Cook at this point. Maybe there's enough for O'Neil but it's gonna be close with Harris and Ngakoue needing deals on the defense.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

I think we let Cook walk. He's not at a position of need. I'm not saying I don't like him or that he isn't a good back, he is. We just need OLine help more along with hopefully resigning Ngakoue. Keep in mind too that Denver would never sign high priced RB;s. They traded Clinton Portis for I forget the CB's name back in the day. Champ Bailey?