Week 2: Vikings vs Colts

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
TAFKASP

Re: Week 2: Vikings vs Colts

Post by TAFKASP »

WolvesFan21 wrote:
PorkChop wrote:Tank for Lawrence. The only way to win in this league is with a generational type Qb. Admit the mistakes that were made and move forward. It's time for the Vikes to find their qb for the next 12-15 years instead of picking up other team's has beens. It's just time.

I like it. Cousins isn't terrible but he's also not top tier. Bring in the tanks!!! Might as well at this point. Even though I'm not 100% convinced Lawrence is going to be a stud either, I'd take a shot though. He's had pretty awesome teams around him and looked mediocre at times last season.

Lawrence will be an absolute stud... Unless the Vikings draft him, then he'll bust!

Minnesota sports!
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

TheSP wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
PorkChop wrote:Tank for Lawrence. The only way to win in this league is with a generational type Qb. Admit the mistakes that were made and move forward. It's time for the Vikes to find their qb for the next 12-15 years instead of picking up other team's has beens. It's just time.

I like it. Cousins isn't terrible but he's also not top tier. Bring in the tanks!!! Might as well at this point. Even though I'm not 100% convinced Lawrence is going to be a stud either, I'd take a shot though. He's had pretty awesome teams around him and looked mediocre at times last season.

Lawrence will be an absolute stud... Unless the Vikings draft him, then he'll bust!

Minnesota sports!

Id love to see a top tier quarterback bust with this team. We never draft QBs with high picks. Our highest quarterback we ever drafted was Culpepper at 11. And we wonder why we're trapped in mediocrity.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

thedoper wrote:
TheSP wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:

Minnesota sports!

Id love to see a top tier quarterback bust with this team. We never draft QBs with high picks. Our highest quarterback we ever drafted was Culpepper at 11. And we wonder why we're trapped in mediocrity.

I wanted the Vikes to draft Watson but of course we didn't have a pick because the idiot GM traded a 1st rounder for Bradford. Which was a complete waste. Could have ended up with Mahomes as well even though personally I wasn't high on him, we could have ended up with him!

I have to consider Spielman as a failure, even if the Vikings were competitive in most seasons, a good GM eventually gets it done after 15 seasons and makes the SB at least once. Just blind luck would get you there eventually at least once!!!
Monster

Post by Monster »

It's looking bad and the defense is more worrisome to me than the offense. It's worth remembering Cousins has thrown for more yards this season than he did the last 2 seasons. I think there is a chance the offense could figure it out enough that it's not the problem. Cousins doesn't suck and there are playmakers on this roster even without Diggs. I'm not saying I completely believe the offense is gonna be fine but the season is t over yet for that side of the ball...

The defense...well Zimmer has been able to make things work but it's also because this team has had talent too. They better not have any more injuries to the LBs or it's gonna get even more brutal. Can one of the young DBs really step up? We are gonna see.

I get why people are so down on this team but I'm gonna wait and see if they can figure it out...and if they don't? What exactly is the downside? A tank? Not so bad really.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

monsterpile wrote:It's looking bad and the defense is more worrisome to me than the offense. It's worth remembering Cousins has thrown for more yards this season than he did the last 2 seasons. I think there is a chance the offense could figure it out enough that it's not the problem. Cousins doesn't suck and there are playmakers on this roster even without Diggs. I'm not saying I completely believe the offense is gonna be fine but the season is t over yet for that side of the ball...

The defense...well Zimmer has been able to make things work but it's also because this team has had talent too. They better not have any more injuries to the LBs or it's gonna get even more brutal. Can one of the young DBs really step up? We are gonna see.

I get why people are so down on this team but I'm gonna wait and see if they can figure it out...and if they don't? What exactly is the downside? A tank? Not so bad really.

The downside is the coach, GM and QB all got extended going into a season we were trying to compete and would have completely flopped. If this team doesn't make the playoffs then all 3 should have been gone after this year and now that's a tough money pill to make the Wilfs swallow. Getting to blow it all up and rebuild after this year would have been ideal with a new coach and front office and a spot for a top pick QB that they hand picked. Spielman is terrible at evaluating QB's and Zimmer just has too damn much to say about what he wants from his offense for a defensive head coach. I don't want them anywhere near taking one as the number 1 pick in the draft.
Monster

Post by Monster »

khans2k5 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:It's looking bad and the defense is more worrisome to me than the offense. It's worth remembering Cousins has thrown for more yards this season than he did the last 2 seasons. I think there is a chance the offense could figure it out enough that it's not the problem. Cousins doesn't suck and there are playmakers on this roster even without Diggs. I'm not saying I completely believe the offense is gonna be fine but the season is t over yet for that side of the ball...

The downside is the coach, GM and QB all got extended going into a season we were trying to compete and would have completely flopped. If this team doesn't make the playoffs then all 3 should have been gone after this year and now that's a tough money pill to make the Wilfs swallow. Getting to blow it all up and rebuild after this year would have been ideal with a new coach and front office and a spot for a top pick QB that they hand picked. Spielman is terrible at evaluating QB's and Zimmer just has too damn much to say about what he wants from his offense for a defensive head coach. I don't want them anywhere near taking one as the number 1 pick in the draft.

I disagree. The 2 problems this team has during this run is oline and QB. If they get a #1 it should be a no brainer...supposedly. Get the good QB and then fix the oline (Would have lots of higher picks in each round) while rebuilding. The team showed some signs of life today. Obviously they have a pretty big hole and the Bears may have figured out who is their best QB and they are sitting at 3-0.