Vikings/Giants MNF thread

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Re: Vikings/Giants MNF thread

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

monsterpile wrote:
TheSP wrote:
monsterpile wrote:One last thought for this thread...I think if he stays healthy McKinnon has a real chance to be a 1,000 yard rusher for this team. Sure he only has 138 yards on the season through week 4 but he only has to average just under 72 yards a game to get to 1,000 and these last 2 games he has averaged 130 so yeah it's not exactly outlandish.

Say what? McKinnon hasn't rushed for 130 in any game this season much less averaged 130 over the past two. You must mean he totaled 130 over the past two. Either way you just know they're going to force feed AD if/once he comes back so you can write off 1k for Jet. I'd just say, like Zimm, individual stats don't matter, wins matter, and Jet can and should be a key component going forward, AD or no AD!!

Yes I meant total. Oops. You are much more optimistic about AP returning during the season than I am.

Just one quick observation, for what it's worth (probably not much). I had the binoculars on AP a few times during the game, and you wouldn't know that there was anything wrong with him...absolutely no limp as he wandered the sidelines. I don't know that it matters that much, but I suspect he may be ready to play before the end of the year...like him or not, this guy is a physical marvel.
Monster

Post by Monster »

longstrangetrip wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
TheSP wrote:
monsterpile wrote:One last thought for this thread...I think if he stays healthy McKinnon has a real chance to be a 1,000 yard rusher for this team. Sure he only has 138 yards on the season through week 4 but he only has to average just under 72 yards a game to get to 1,000 and these last 2 games he has averaged 130 so yeah it's not exactly outlandish.

Say what? McKinnon hasn't rushed for 130 in any game this season much less averaged 130 over the past two. You must mean he totaled 130 over the past two. Either way you just know they're going to force feed AD if/once he comes back so you can write off 1k for Jet. I'd just say, like Zimm, individual stats don't matter, wins matter, and Jet can and should be a key component going forward, AD or no AD!!

Yes I meant total. Oops. You are much more optimistic about AP returning during the season than I am.

Just one quick observation, for what it's worth (probably not much). I had the binoculars on AP a few times during the game, and you wouldn't know that there was anything wrong with him...absolutely no limp as he wandered the sidelines. I don't know that it matters that much, but I suspect he may be ready to play before the end of the year...like him or not, this guy is a physical marvel.

Thanks for that report LST. I certainly think it's possible but Inam sticking with the pessimistic view of him returning for the regular season. Part of that is I don't think it's all that huge of a deal if he comes back at least to win games. Now if he is gonna be healthy and get a chunk of carries in the playoffs I would prefer he play in at least one regular season game to knock the rust off. We will see. The team is 4-0 that would have been exciting even if everyone was healthy.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Interesting news about AP. I like McKinnon. I have not paid to much attention, but how much better of a blocker is McKinnon?

Also I was talking to friend that has some in's with the Eagles. He said something interesting about there priorities about the upcoming game against us. He said they have 2 goals win and hurt Bradford. They like the idea of getting a high pick from us next spring more then winning the game. They love their QB there. Not sure how much to make of this. I think some of this is rubeness.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Interesting news about AP. I like McKinnon. I have not paid to much attention, but how much better of a blocker is McKinnon?

Also I was talking to friend that has some in's with the Eagles. He said something interesting about there priorities about the upcoming game against us. He said they have 2 goals win and hurt Bradford. They like the idea of getting a high pick from us next spring more then winning the game. They love their QB there. Not sure how much to make of this. I think some of this is rubeness.

Good question. I haven't paid a great deal of attention either but I would say McKinnon is decent as a pass protector. He probably gets to the spots more often than AP has throughout his career but McKinnon's size can let him down. What makes him so much more valuable is how much better he is catching the ball. Asiata is the most solid safe guy in situations you want someone to pass protect and he can catch the ball pretty well and at least get a few yards. It's possible McKinnon can improve as a pass protector and he might be just fine now. It's a legit skill that I really appreciated the most after Chester Taylor left.

I'm sure there are some Eagles players that wouldn't mind getting some hits on Sam. Remember it wasn't that long ago he was kind of a baby and didn't show up because the Eagles brought in more QBs. I wasn't a fan of what he did and said but I thought he had a reason to be displeased even with the big fat comtract he got. I just thought he handled it poorly and should have come in and worked hard etc and good things would come. Eventually that's what happened and then he also ended up here which is looking like a really good situation. That seemed likely part of why he created the stir to begin with because he thought it might help move him to a better spot which didn't materialize at the time but now I am not sure if there is a better place he could have gone maybe including the Broncos. Maybe
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

longstrangetrip wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
TheSP wrote:

Part of me hopes he doesn't return. Did you see the array of looks Turner through at the Giants defense on Monday? It was like a grab bag of plays out of every system ever implemented. Our offense actually scored 24 points on its own! Not that it's anything to write home about, but with the defense we have, we need guys that can move the sticks and not turn the ball over. That's hard to do when we hand it off to AP for 1 yard, then hand it off to him again for 2, and now it's 3rd and 7.....
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

monsterpile wrote:
TheSP wrote:

Oh no I'm not! If I had my way I'd rather AP retire now! I believe he's too one dimensional and at this point in his career he doesn't have the speed to make up for it. I'm concerned he will come back and because of his history the team will be forced to put him back in as the number one back, which I just don't believe he is at this point.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Interesting news about AP. I like McKinnon. I have not paid to much attention, but how much better of a blocker is McKinnon?

I think your friend is full of shit! Now way in hell the Eagles want to intentionally hurt anybody, besides, a healthy Bradford has the ability to increase the value of the 4th to as high as a 2nd.
Monster

Post by Monster »

TheSP wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
TheSP wrote:

Oh no I'm not! If I had my way I'd rather AP retire now! I believe he's too one dimensional and at this point in his career he doesn't have the speed to make up for it. I'm concerned he will come back and because of his history the team will be forced to put him back in as the number one back, which I just don't believe he is at this point.

Ok I see. I don't think he is too one-dimensional if he is a part of the team most of the year but...missing games and coming back for a stretch run. Yeah that worries me too. It may not matter the way the defense has looked and Bradford my be up to the task of healthy. There are plenty of interesting story lines to play out the next few months with various players for the Vikings future that's for sure.