Seth Rosin

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Jester1534

Seth Rosin

Post by Jester1534 »

Dodgers Acquire Seth Rosin
By Steve Adams [December 12 at 9:26am CST]
The Mets have traded right-hander Seth Rosin -- their selection in this morning's Rule 5 Draft -- to the Dodgers, tweets MLB.com's Ken Gurnick. GM Sandy Alderson had told reporters (including ESPN's Adam Rubin) earlier this morning that he had worked out a deal to send Rosin to another team for a player to be named later (Twitter links).

Rosin, 25, posted a 4.33 ERA with 6.8 K/9 and 2.5 BB/9 in 126 2/3 innings for the Phillies' Double-A affiliate in 2013. The Giants selected Rosin in the fourth round of the 2010 draft out of the University of Minnesota and traded him to the Phillies along with Nate Schierholtz and Tommy Joseph in the Hunter Pence deal of July 2012. Schierholtz was non-tendered after the 2012 season and signed with the Cubs, leaving Joseph as the last remaining piece of that deal. Of course, Rosin is no guarantee to stick with the Dodgers and could ultimately be returned to the Phillies.

Just thought I post this local guy picked in the rule 5 draft. I actually played against Seth in high school. I'm happy to say I'm 3-5 life time against him lol. If you don't know who he is a couple years ago when the gophers beat cal state Fullerton in the regional Seth was the one who was the starting pitcher in that game. Seth is a good guy I got to know him a bit in high school and even trained with him a couple times, I wish him nothing but the best.
Jester1534

Re: Seth Rosin

Post by Jester1534 »

Side not the Twins didn't select anybody in the rule 5 draft this morning