Prince trade

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Jester1534

Prince trade

Post by Jester1534 »

Who do you guys think made out in the trade?

I think the Tigers ended up with the better end of this trade by a little bit. There going to save 75 million and let's face it all that money is going to go to Schezer. Prince has had only had 2 extra base hits in his post season history with the Tigers. The money they were paying Fielder was to much a .270 hitter with only 100 RBI. I always felt maybe prince never felt comfortable there with his Daddy issues.

I'm guessing the tigers think Nick Castellanos there top prospect 3b is ready. This will help them defensively because they will put Miggy back at first. Idk about Nicks glove but I'm guessing it's better than Miggys. With the addition of Kinsler and assuming they don't sign Peralta and let Iglesias have the job there infield defense is much improved.

The things that I like about the trade for Texas is now they just insert Profar who I think is a stud and now they have a bat to protect Beltre and I think Fielder will have a field day ;) in that ball park.

In the end this is how I look at it
Tigers get: Schezer locked up, Kinsler and better infield defense

Texas Gets: Prince and 30 mil and protection for Beltre

I rather have the tiger end of that trade.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: Prince trade

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I think the Rangers got a STEAL and as a Twins fan, I'm so happy Prince isn't in the Central anymore. Thank goodness. I got tired of seeing him demolish our "pitch to contact" starters.

Prince just became a lock for 50 HRs and 110 RBIs next year in Arlington. With the way the ball flies out to right field for lefties, oh yeah, Prince is about to feast at home.

Kinsler is on the decline too. In no way do I think Detroit got the better end of this trade. I'm a fan of getting the best player in the trade and that happens to be Prince and not Kinsler. Also, apparently the Tigers don't plan on moving Miggy back to first. Instead they'll look at FAs to find a 1B. What if they sign Morneau? I won't be happy I'll tell you that much.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

I guess I feel like Schezer is the key component and he wasn't even part of the trade but now they have the money to lock up him Verlander and Sanchez for the next 5 years. This scares the crap out of me.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

You make a good point about Scherzer, jester, but I don't know that the Tigers wouldn't have kept him anyway...they never seem to have a problem spending on good players. So purely looking at Fielder for Kinsler, I have to say that Texas got the better part of this deal. Yes, Fielder didn't hit well in the playoffs, but he never misses a game (unlike Kinsler) and, as Cam said, is going to hit a lot of home runs in that ballpark. I'm glad to have him out of our division.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

The biggest losers in this trade? Duensing and Pat Dean. When the best LH bat in your division gets traded out of the division, the need for situational lefties really drops.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Btw if this Jason I think it's welcome back Jason
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

Thank you Jester.

Just to note: Pat Dean is currently a starter. But every level he goes up, he has a harder time getting RH hitting out. I just think he's going to end up in the Bullpen.