JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Re: Hinkie steps down

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

Q12543 wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:
Q12543 wrote:
Camden wrote:
TheSP wrote:
Right, I get that....at first. But now they are wrapping up Year 3 of "The Process" and it's their third straight year of winning less than 20 games! In fact, this will be their worst season yet. Not even the Wolves won fewer than 20 games for three straight years. And what makes us think that they will suddenly win a bunch more games in Year 4? They have a loooong ways to go.

I think fans can tolerate a couple years where things are stripped down to the studs in order to accumulate assets and cap room. But at some point, fans need to start seeing the turnaround in the form of the product on the court - even if that product is young and flawed. Instead, the product is worse now than it was two seasons ago when the process started.

I don't know what his plan was. Maybe he was thinking "Well, you need 5 starters, so we tank 5 years". Maybe he was thinking "I think with the SAC trade we have enough picks and we can start signing guys instead of leaving all our cap space open for dump trades". He kept it close to the vest, as he should.

Also, I maintain that Colangelo saw improvement. That is why he is bringing his kid in, and him and his kid are going to go on and on about how PHI is now good because they are such a strong christians, which evidently doesn't work on the Coyotes and Anfernee Hardaway. And if it doesn't work, he'll blame Brown.

And last but not least, I stand by what JVG said last night. No one in PHI should feel blindsided. He said this was how it was going to be, and he was right.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:

Seriously, how old are you? Do you dress yourself?

Very. Yes, but not well.

Have you always had these emotional issues?
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

The new NBA is about finding the right balance between "math/analytics/Wall Street" principles and "Old Timey Jock Stuff."

Hinkle's regime didn't find that balance. Teams have to be developed as more than numbers on a spreadsheet...
Monster

Post by Monster »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:The new NBA is about finding the right balance between "math/analytics/Wall Street" principles and "Old Timey Jock Stuff."

Hinkle's regime didn't find that balance. Teams have to be developed as more than numbers on a spreadsheet...

Well said
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

TheSP wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:

Seriously, how old are you? Do you dress yourself?

Very. Yes, but not well.

Have you always had these emotional issues?

Not always lol. Look, I went overboard. But I will go to my grave confused by this whole situation. If you hire a GM who says you will compete for a World Championship in 4 years, and you don't, you fire him. If you hire a GM who says you're going to tank for 4 years, and you've tanked for 3 years, you are now suddenly shocked?

As far as Kahn, the Johnson/Roy situation is a perfect example. I realize Kahn (and probably to some extent, Taylor) were pissed about Martell Webster, but look at the damage done. They avoided the biggest blow (losing this years' first) but are still losing the 35th pick and their 2nd from next year. I think we can all agree that the Wolves biggest needs, in some order, are a post that can produce like KG couldn't, a post that can produce like Payne didn't, and a Point to replace Miller. So something like Sabonnis at #5, Wade Baldwin at #35, and Ben Bentil or Kyle Wiltjer at #44. Now they can't do that because #35 is gone. So they'll either have to overpay a free agent or go without. NO WAY Hinkie trades a pic to get rid of Johnson just to SIGN another guy who may or may not be just as good, angry or not angry.