DLO out tomorrow for load management.

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Re: DLO out tomorrow for load management.

Post by Lipoli390 »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:Ben Simmons is getting in-game locker room treatment to be able to play, and DLO can only play one game in 2 weeks.

The Sixes are competing for playoff position and a possible NBA title this season. The Wolves have no chance of making the playoffs and probably benefit more from enhancing their lottery position than from winning games the rest of this season. Meanwhile KAT is out with a broken wrist, so he and Russell wouldn't get a chance to play together anyway.

Having said all that, I still don't like it. I was all in on tanking before the trade. But having made those trades, I think this team ought to be putting their best young players, including those they acquired, on the floor every game and doing everything possible to win. As part of that, I want to see more of Nowell and Martin without any more playing time for Crabble. Spellman should be up here playing now with KAT on the shelf. I'm fine cutting DLO's minutes a bit in favor of more minutes for J-Mac. But DLO should start and play. That's why we traded from him. But as you suggested, maybe we'll be better off with J-Mac. :)
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

Shouldn't you actually play a load befor being able to get load management?

Dlo probably out clubbing.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Yeah, pretty pathetic the lengths Rosas & Co. are willing to go to tank this season. As someone else said, we'll see how this translates into next season. My only hope is that may be Rosas pulls off some trades that bring in some winners to this team - guys who won't put up with lazy defense and carefree mentalities. Malik Beasley may be one of the answers here, at least from a lockerroom perspective (??). They could use a tough 3 & D SF too. Also keeping an eye on Vanderbilt as our future PF.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

You guys act like these games matter. I'll let you in on a secret. The Wolves are not winning a Championship this year. These games are nothing more then preseason for next year. That is it. Sorry for bursting your bubbles.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Q12543 wrote:Yeah, pretty pathetic the lengths Rosas & Co. are willing to go to tank this season. As someone else said, we'll see how this translates into next season. My only hope is that may be Rosas pulls off some trades that bring in some winners to this team - guys who won't put up with lazy defense and carefree mentalities. Malik Beasley may be one of the answers here, at least from a lockerroom perspective (??). They could use a tough 3 & D SF too. Also keeping an eye on Vanderbilt as our future PF.

I definitely think Beasley is one of the answers. He brings 3-point shooting as well as some toughness and moxie. It's more than the locker room with Malik. He shows toughness and moxie on the court as well. He's not a great penetrator, but he's not bad either. I also agree that we could really use a 3 & D SF in our starting lineup - preferably someone with length. I feel very good about moving forward with Okogie as our 6th man in the rotation. We need his defense and he's really become reliable on the offensive end, making good decisions, drawing fouls and hitting his foul shots, scoring pretty efficiently and generally staying within himself. Of course his energy is great and infectious. And let's not forget that he's still barely 21 years old. Beasley and these other guys are 23+.

Like you, I'm intrigued by Vanderbilt. If we're going to tank, then he should get lots of minutes. Again, I'm at a point where I want to see this team win with its new players. But I can live with tanking if it's for a strategic purpose other than simply maximizing lottery balls. For me, that other purpose is developing and evaluating young guys with high upside who could help this team long term. I like the idea of continuing to give significant minutes to J-Mac and H-Gomez,, but I think we have a pretty good idea of what we have in those two. The young guys I want to see get consistent, significant minutes the rest of the season are Nowell, Martin and Vanderbilt. You can't put up better G-League numbers than Nowell has this season. It's time to give him an extended run up here, allowing him to struggle and adapt along the way. I still like Martin's potential and Vanderbilt has huge upside. I'm a bit intrigued by Spellman, but I think there are issues there that already have him out the door this summer. Otherwise, I'd like to see him get some minutes as well. And please, no more minutes for Crabbe!!
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Lip, you seemingly want to give big minutes to everyone. I'm not sure where to find all these minutes for Jauncho, Vanderbilt, Beasley, Nowell, Martin, JMac, etc. without completely sitting out someone like Culver or Okogie or Johnson.

If we sign Beasley this offseason then Nowell is the odd man out. We simply have to have a defensive-minded backup SG and Okogie is currently winning that battle over Culver at the moment (even though I know Okogie is filling in at SF for now - not a long term position for him IMO).

I know you like Martin, but the guy has had a ton of chances to prove that he can consistently make shots and he goes completely cold way too often to believe he's part of the solution at SF. If he were only 19 or 20, I'd give him more rope, but this guy has a full college career and a couple years of pro ball under his belt and all we get is hot-cold-cold-cold-hot-cold-cold from him.

Jauncho is just a horrible fit next to KAT in my opinion - he's too much of a finesse player - which is why I am really intrigued by Vanderbilt. But as long as we have Jauncho and Vanderbilt soaking up minutes with the big league team, Vanderbilt is where he belongs. He'll get plenty of minutes with the G League team and a chance to continue developing. He's one guy I definitely agree we need to patient with.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

While I doesn't upset me if they tank games I've always thought it was a bad look professionally . It has that feeling of the kid at the playground that brought the ball and once his team started losing he picked it up and went home pouting .
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

WolvesFan21 wrote:You guys act like these games matter. I'll let you in on a secret. The Wolves are not winning a Championship this year. These games are nothing more then preseason for next year. That is it. Sorry for bursting your bubbles.

Few of our games have mattered for over a decade. The point is you can't just flip a switch and say time to try now because by then you've built up bad habits and a losing culture when you didn't give a shit in the games that don't matter. We came into this season, tried hard and even had a decent start. Then the second things got tough this team folded because of bad habits and bad culture and we traded away 2/3rds of the team as a result. It's not something you just turn on. The only teams who turn into contenders overnight get superstars in the offseason which we don't get so the only way we can compete is to develop a winning culture and build a program like a Milwaukee, like a Utah, like a Denver. You think Giannis was looking for load management nights off as they were building a winning culture? What happens if this team comes into next year with the we'll try now attitude and they get punched in the mouth again? Are they just gonna fold like a cheap tent again because they've been given a free pass to be soft for 2 straight years now? DLO isn't injured anymore Nor is he rehabbing his injury anymore so if just playing basketball is such a risk to his health then we have a problem.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

khans2k5 wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:You guys act like these games matter. I'll let you in on a secret. The Wolves are not winning a Championship this year. These games are nothing more then preseason for next year. That is it. Sorry for bursting your bubbles.

Few of our games have mattered for over a decade. The point is you can't just flip a switch and say time to try now because by then you've built up bad habits and a losing culture when you didn't give a shit in the games that don't matter. We came into this season, tried hard and even had a decent start. Then the second things got tough this team folded because of bad habits and bad culture and we traded away 2/3rds of the team as a result. It's not something you just turn on. The only teams who turn into contenders overnight get superstars in the offseason which we don't get so the only way we can compete is to develop a winning culture and build a program like a Milwaukee, like a Utah, like a Denver. You think Giannis was looking for load management nights off as they were building a winning culture? What happens if this team comes into next year with the we'll try now attitude and they get punched in the mouth again? Are they just gonna fold like a cheap tent again because they've been given a free pass to be soft for 2 straight years now? DLO isn't injured anymore Nor is he rehabbing his injury anymore so if just playing basketball is such a risk to his health then we have a problem.

Outstanding post. I mean sometimes you just have to say it like it is. I don't like that a lot of people are placing blind trust in Rosas to get this turned around. This culture of losing has got to come to an end, and it should be starting right now not next season. As you know, I'm really skeptical about these moves and the way we've decided to play as an organization. Actually I'm depressed about it. If a franchise ever needed to mine a superstar from the draft, it's this franchise right now.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:

Outstanding post. I mean sometimes you just have to say it like it is. I don't like that a lot of people are placing blind trust in Rosas to get this turned around. This culture of losing has got to come to an end, and it should be starting right now not next season. As you know, I'm really skeptical about these moves and the way we've decided to play as an organization. Actually I'm depressed about it. If a franchise ever needed to mine a superstar from the draft, it's this franchise right now.

Exactly. Drafting out of need of fit for system or to compliment our roster is crazy if we may not even make 20 wins. I do have to give credit to Rosas for that in a way. He did draft Culver who doesnt fit into any professional basketball system.