Wolves at Nuggets R2G2

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Q-is-here

Re: Wolves at Nuggets R2G2

Post by Q-is-here »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:24 pm
Q-is-here wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:57 am
BloopOracle wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:53 am This game is too late for me to watch sadly, hoping to wake up to great news tomorrow morning!
I'm going to gut this one out on the east coast. If it were a regular season game I'd watch the first half and call it a night, but not this one!
Atta boy Q. Hopefully you will participate in the gameday thread.
I'd love to, but might be watching with my son who is home visiting for a few days. Travel and family have disrupted my game thread participation of late!
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Rudy downgraded to Q because of a personal matter.

I’m assuming his significant other is about to have a kid
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

kekgeek wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:36 pm Rudy downgraded to Q because of a personal matter.

Smh, unbelievable. That damn kid better stay in there for one more day, THEN hurry up and get the hell out before our home game!
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Q-is-here wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:39 pm
kekgeek wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:36 pm Rudy downgraded to Q because of a personal matter.

Smh, unbelievable. That damn kid better stay in there for one more day, THEN hurry up and get the hell out before our home game!
Or maybe Rudy is there screaming "PUSHHH!!" so the baby pops out and he can get to the game!
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

Thank goodness we won game 1, tonight will be almost impossible without Rudy but we're still in great shape
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Meh. Babies are born every day.

The Timberwolves are only good once or twice a millenium for chrissakes.
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

Minnesota Timberwolves center Rudy Gobert is questionable for Monday's Game 2 due to personal reasons after becoming a father for the first time.

The baby boy was delivered Monday morning, sources told ESPN.

It is uncertain whether Gobert will be able to travel to Denver in time for the tip-off against the defending champion Denver Nuggets.
Editor's Picks

Why wait? Malone wants better starts by Nuggets
21hDave McMenamin
2024 NBA playoff tiers: How do the eight remaining teams stack up?
21hKevin Pelton

Gobert, a finalist to earn his record-tying fourth Defensive Player of the Year award, had 6 points, 13 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 blocks and a steal in the Timberwolves' Game 1 win in the Western Conference semifinals series.

Gobert, an 11-year veteran who is attempting to advance to the conference finals for the first time in his career, has averaged 13.2 points, 11.4 rebounds, 1.2 blocks and 1.2 steals per game as third-seeded Minnesota opened the playoffs with five consecutive wins.

The Timberwolves have outscored opponents by 74 points in Gobert's 175 minutes, which ranks as the second-best individual plus-minus in these playoffs.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Congratulations Rudy!!! I respect this a lot. No job is too important to interfere with this special day for him if that is the commitment he is making. Shows a lot of character.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

thedoper wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:32 pm Congratulations Rudy!!! I respect this a lot. No job is too important to interfere with this special day for him if that is the commitment he is making. Shows a lot of character.
My thoughts exactly.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Well, I'm going to go the other way on this one. I'm a family first guy, also, but this to me smacks more of Rudy first and teammates (and fans) last. Does the baby care if Rudy is there or not? Nope. And if you gave his girlfriend a choice between A and B, what do you think she would choose?

A. I'm going to play pro basketball and make $30 million a year so you can live a life of luxury and not have to work. But there's a chance that a playoff game might interfere with the birth of our baby, so I may not be there. Or,

B. I'm choosing family first and am not going to play basketball...being on the road all the time is not family friendly, and I'm all about family. I'm still going to make $75K a year selling insurance, so we'll be comfortable, although you may have to take a job also. BUT...I'll be able to be there for the birth of our child. Sound good?

I think she takes A.

So the baby was born this morning, and Denver is just a 90 minute plane ride. Mama doesn't need you now, Rudy...she just wants to sleep. And Glen and Lore each have a private jet. Pick the owner of your choice...you have options... and get your ass to Denver.

Thank God we won the first one, because that makes me a little less pissed off...a little. And even though Rudy wasn't at shootaround this morning, he still may be doing what I suggest in the previous paragraph...be there for the birth, and still play in the game. But I'm guessing Rudy is going to stay in Minneapolis and wait for Game 3.

I know it's a generational thing, and the younger guys here don't think Rudy has am obligation to his teammates and the fans who are responsible for him making $30 million a year. But I'm shaking my head...