Wolves at Nuggets R2G2

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
60WinTim

Wolves at Nuggets R2G2

Post by 60WinTim »

Alright! Regardless of what happens tonight, the primary mission of taking one in Denver has been accomplished. In a way, it means we are playing with house money tonight. And Denver will have a desperation that comes with a quasi-closeout game.

Both Joker and Jamal were sub-par in the first game. Some credit has to go to the Wolves defense, but I am sure they can both play better. Our bench in the first half was abysmal, and kudos to them for turning it around in the 2nd half. But we don't win that game if ANT doesn't continue his Michael Jordan persona that he has donned this entire playoffs. If he comes back down to earth, this will be a tough game to win.

It's a late game tonight. Hopefully the Wolves can continue their playoff mantra this year -- stay close in the 1st half, turn up the heat in the 2nd half.

(I am busy today, so figured I would get this one going early!)
Q-is-here

Re: Wolves at Nuggets R2G2

Post by Q-is-here »

It's interesting that the Wolves' mantra of keeping things close in the first half and then taking control in the second half was also the Nuggets' mantra against the Lakers. We aren't the Lakers!

I actually think the Wolves' mentality is that every game is a must-win and I think they come into this one playing with a similar desperation as Denver. Should be a good game.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Will be interesting to see what the free throw disparity is tonight. Will it be an issue like game 1, or balance out? Either way I can't see us getting blown out and expect another good game which we have an excellent chance of winning.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

This game is too late for me to watch sadly, hoping to wake up to great news tomorrow morning!
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

BloopOracle wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:53 am This game is too late for me to watch sadly, hoping to wake up to great news tomorrow morning!
I'm going to gut this one out on the east coast. If it were a regular season game I'd watch the first half and call it a night, but not this one!
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Q-is-here wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:57 am
BloopOracle wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:53 am This game is too late for me to watch sadly, hoping to wake up to great news tomorrow morning!
I'm going to gut this one out on the east coast. If it were a regular season game I'd watch the first half and call it a night, but not this one!
Atta boy Q. Hopefully you will participate in the gameday thread.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

between this and the Rangers in hockey I'm really forgetting what it feels like to lose and I don't wanna be reminded.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Rudy is questionable tonight for personal reasons. Is it the baby?!?
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Rudy Gobert downgraded to questionable for tonight for personal reasons.

My guess is the baby is coming.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

My prediction is that Denver largely guards Ant the same way and figures he'll regress to the mean on those contested mid-range jumpers he's making at a 50% clip this post season. We know Ant can have off shooting nights. Heck, he had one just a few games ago against Phoenix, where he went 3-12 from the field in Game 2.