Ant to Miami rumors are "Heat"ing up

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Wolvesfan21

Re: Ant to Miami rumors are "Heat"ing up

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

KG4Ever wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:56 pm
Wolvesfan21 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:07 pm
KG4Ever wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:45 am
NAW looked horrible against Kyrie, but I know Kyrie is a tough assignment. He sometimes impresses me and other times I think Meh. Jaden and Rudy are great defenders who impress me most of the time and NAW is not on their level. NAW is still a good defender but he struggles against some of the better players.
NAW had through some point of the season, maybe the full season the best TS% defending when he was the closest defender (I can't remember when I heard he was number 1). Now you can maybe say he had easier guys to defend at times compared to Jaden. But if you give up the fewest points on the #1 defense in the league as a defender then that must mean something.

NAW is a great defender. He doesn't get all those minutes without it. Now if his offense could be even just a little better (more consistent 3 ball), he's going to get a nice pay raise (probably not from us unless we can lower Rudys number) then let Naz go.
Kyrie made him look silly. He just couldn't stay with him at all.
Kyrie made Ant look silly too. Just got to give him props, he's that good.
DNatagal

Post by DNatagal »

Kyrie tends to make people look silly. There is a reason he may be the best ball handler of all time in the NBA.
DNatagal

Post by DNatagal »

https://l.smartnews.com/p-AHs6r/gyp5QC

It is amazing that they think this is what the Wolves would want in a trade.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Yeah, absurd. I also love that the rumor mill says that one of the reasons Ant wants out of Minny is that he is troubled by the ownership situation. Does anyone think Ant spends any time at all worrying about who is going to own the team? I mean it’s probably a topic the players discuss from time to time, but I can’t imagine it’s much of a factor for Ant. And yes maybe he has developed a friendship with Bam. But I’m guessing it’s nit nearly as strong as the father/son relationship he has with Conley. I’m not spending any more time on this rumor.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

FNG wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 10:04 am Yeah, absurd. I also love that the rumor mill says that one of the reasons Ant wants out of Minny is that he is troubled by the ownership situation. Does anyone think Ant spends any time at all worrying about who is going to own the team? I mean it’s probably a topic the players discuss from time to time, but I can’t imagine it’s much of a factor for Ant. And yes maybe he has developed a friendship with Bam. But I’m guessing it’s nit nearly as strong as the father/son relationship he has with Conley. I’m not spending any more time on this rumor.
It's nothing but clickbait. Nothing to talk about this time of the year. You're also right, Glen is a little inept as an owner and a bit of a scumbag, but it's not like he's racist geezer from the Clips who the players hated. The team would be fine with Glen as the major pieces are in place for several years to be a successful contender. I could see in 5-6 years maybe if things go the wrong direction. Right now things are only looking bright as Ant continues to grow and become a top 5 player in the NBA.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Wolvesfan21 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 11:06 am
FNG wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 10:04 am Yeah, absurd. I also love that the rumor mill says that one of the reasons Ant wants out of Minny is that he is troubled by the ownership situation. Does anyone think Ant spends any time at all worrying about who is going to own the team? I mean it’s probably a topic the players discuss from time to time, but I can’t imagine it’s much of a factor for Ant. And yes maybe he has developed a friendship with Bam. But I’m guessing it’s nit nearly as strong as the father/son relationship he has with Conley. I’m not spending any more time on this rumor.
It's nothing but clickbait. Nothing to talk about this time of the year. You're also right, Glen is a little inept as an owner and a bit of a scumbag, but it's not like he's racist geezer from the Clips who the players hated. The team would be fine with Glen as the major pieces are in place for several years to be a successful contender. I could see in 5-6 years maybe if things go the wrong direction. Right now things are only looking bright as Ant continues to grow and become a top 5 player in the NBA.
I think the issue with Glen staying majority owner, if it turns out that way, is that it will negatively impact the front office personnel it could attract and retain (mostly on the basketball side) and the overall infrastructure of the franchise as it relates to the stadium, training facilities, agent relationships, etc. None of that affects Ant or the current core guys much in the short-term, but over the long-run it would be very bad for a franchise competing in a Tier II or III market like Minnesota. There are very few built-in advantages that can paper over a mediocre owner, unlike L.A.
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

Keeping with the Ant teaming up with USA teammates theme.

NBA analyst 'wouldn't be surprised' if Kevin Durant joins Anthony Edwards in Minnesota.

https://www.si.com/nba/timberwolves/min ... j4hewxq8vh
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

this deal couldn't happen regardless,

BUT

I think people wanna see it happen because a) they like they storyline and b) any chance they can boot KAT off a team they'll take it.
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

WildWolf2813 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:53 pm this deal couldn't happen regardless,

BUT

I think people wanna see it happen because a) they like they storyline and b) any chance they can boot KAT off a team they'll take it.
This season correct it couldn't happen, I was more thinking signing him outright to the min in 26-27 when he's 38.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

rapsuperstar31 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:51 am
WildWolf2813 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:53 pm this deal couldn't happen regardless,

BUT

This season correct it couldn't happen, I was more thinking signing him outright to the min in 26-27 when he's 38.
This offseason we could trade KAT for Durant who would have one year left on his deal and thus we cut salary (he makes a little less then KAT) and Phoenix gets a long term All Star. Kind of a win - win depending on of course how MN and PHO do this year. If things don't go well for PHO I could see them wanting to shake things up in the offseason. Then we keep both Naz and Rudy.

Then if things go decently well we could resign Durant to a couple year extension, likely much cheaper then KATs money.