Ant to Miami rumors are "Heat"ing up

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
DNatagal

Ant to Miami rumors are "Heat"ing up

Post by DNatagal »

I guess Miami is the new LA. Dan Lebetard and others are speculating that Spoelstra and Bam are recruiting Ant to Miami. Not to mention the vultures are circling the Wolves because of the ownership debacle. Ahh the clickbait!
https://athlonsports.com/nba/miami-heat ... e-scenario
https://www.si.com/nba/heat/media-perso ... j4vv9pwksa
rapsuperstar31

Re: Ant to Miami rumors are "Heat"ing up

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

DNatagal wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:40 am I guess Miami is the new LA. Dan Lebetard and others are speculating that Spoelstra and Bam are recruiting Ant to Miami. Not to mention the vultures are circling the Wolves because of the ownership debacle. Ahh the clickbait!
I think they got it the opposite way, Bam for Rudy and Naw it is. Jimmy gets two great defenders to play with.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Ant also knows Jimmy is a turd that is smelly.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

rapsuperstar31 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:34 am
DNatagal wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:40 am I guess Miami is the new LA. Dan Lebetard and others are speculating that Spoelstra and Bam are recruiting Ant to Miami. Not to mention the vultures are circling the Wolves because of the ownership debacle. Ahh the clickbait!
I think they got it the opposite way, Bam for Rudy and Naw it is. Jimmy gets two great defenders to play with.
NAW is a great defender?
FNG

Post by FNG »

KG4Ever wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:59 pm
NAW is a great defender?
Yes
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

FNG wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:01 am

NAW is a great defender?
Yes
Your definition of great is not my definition of great. He is inconsistent on the defensive end. He does play well against some guys but gets burnt like toast against others. Good, ok, but great, LOL!
Last edited by KG4Ever on Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
FNG

Post by FNG »

KG4Ever wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:28 am
NAW is a great defender?
Yes
Your definition of great is not my definition of great. He is very inconsistent on the defensive end. He does play well against some guys but gets burnt like toast against others. Good, ok, but great, LOL!
Yeah, difference of opinion. I love Jaden's defense also and recognize is length is an asset NAW doesn't have, but I think NAW's ability to fight through screens is about the best I have seen in the league...and fighting through screens breaks up offensive sets about as well as any other skill. Love the guy on defense!
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

FNG wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:41 am

Yes
Your definition of great is not my definition of great. He is very inconsistent on the defensive end. He does play well against some guys but gets burnt like toast against others. Good, ok, but great, LOL!
Yeah, difference of opinion. I love Jaden's defense also and recognize is length is an asset NAW doesn't have, but I think NAW's ability to fight through screens is about the best I have seen in the league...and fighting through screens breaks up offensive sets about as well as any other skill. Love the guy on defense!
NAW looked horrible against Kyrie, but I know Kyrie is a tough assignment. He sometimes impresses me and other times I think Meh. Jaden and Rudy are great defenders who impress me most of the time and NAW is not on their level. NAW is still a good defender but he struggles against some of the better players.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

KG4Ever wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:45 am
NAW looked horrible against Kyrie, but I know Kyrie is a tough assignment. He sometimes impresses me and other times I think Meh. Jaden and Rudy are great defenders who impress me most of the time and NAW is not on their level. NAW is still a good defender but he struggles against some of the better players.
NAW had through some point of the season, maybe the full season the best TS% defending when he was the closest defender (I can't remember when I heard he was number 1). Now you can maybe say he had easier guys to defend at times compared to Jaden. But if you give up the fewest points on the #1 defense in the league as a defender then that must mean something.

NAW is a great defender. He doesn't get all those minutes without it. Now if his offense could be even just a little better (more consistent 3 ball), he's going to get a nice pay raise (probably not from us unless we can lower Rudys number) then let Naz go.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Wolvesfan21 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 3:07 pm
KG4Ever wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:45 am

NAW had through some point of the season, maybe the full season the best TS% defending when he was the closest defender (I can't remember when I heard he was number 1). Now you can maybe say he had easier guys to defend at times compared to Jaden. But if you give up the fewest points on the #1 defense in the league as a defender then that must mean something.

NAW is a great defender. He doesn't get all those minutes without it. Now if his offense could be even just a little better (more consistent 3 ball), he's going to get a nice pay raise (probably not from us unless we can lower Rudys number) then let Naz go.
Kyrie made him look silly. He just couldn't stay with him at all.