Re: Timberwolves media day
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:32 pm
Just finished watching Ball's interview on media day. It was similar to his initial presser, albeit with a friendlier approach. But he is the master of the short answer...most of his answers were no longer than 1 sentence. He also is very good at answering the question without saying anything...I learned absolutely nothing from his session! All that said, I like him...seems like a really good guy who is happy to be here.
JK seems like a bright guy...he also keeps his answers brief, but not to the same extent as Ball.
I'm watching Ayo now, and he seems quite different from the guy we knew last year. Unlike Ball and JK, he's very open with his answers...he seems very comfortable with talking with the media. I've always liked and admired Ayo, but he is showing a much bigger personality than he showed last season. There is a lot of talent on this roster, but I've been wondering who is going to be the mature presence in the locker room this season. After listening to him today, I think Ayo is going to be one guy that fills this role. I know he's only 26, but he seems very wise beyond his years...I suspect he had the advantage of a stable family support system many NBA players don't have.
Donte with the very clear answer that he expects to play this season...I still think he will be back sometime in February, It was encouraging to see him show up in uniform...seems to be moving quite well already. I liked it when he said he has talked with several guys he knows about their achilles recovery process, especially Tatum. He's another guy who I see filling the leadership void on the team...really smart guy who also leads my example on the court by going 100% all the time.
Ant is always a delight to listen to...he has a unique combination of confidence in himself while saying positive things about his teammates. He's clearly excited about LaMelo allowing him to play off ball...said he was never very comfortable being the pseudo PG.
I love how they all talk about how much they have learned from Rudy about the importance of taking care of their bodies. Jaden said when he's at a restaurant he always thinks "Now, what would Rudy order?". Someone asks if he then orders that item, and he said "Nah"!
JK seems like a bright guy...he also keeps his answers brief, but not to the same extent as Ball.
I'm watching Ayo now, and he seems quite different from the guy we knew last year. Unlike Ball and JK, he's very open with his answers...he seems very comfortable with talking with the media. I've always liked and admired Ayo, but he is showing a much bigger personality than he showed last season. There is a lot of talent on this roster, but I've been wondering who is going to be the mature presence in the locker room this season. After listening to him today, I think Ayo is going to be one guy that fills this role. I know he's only 26, but he seems very wise beyond his years...I suspect he had the advantage of a stable family support system many NBA players don't have.
Donte with the very clear answer that he expects to play this season...I still think he will be back sometime in February, It was encouraging to see him show up in uniform...seems to be moving quite well already. I liked it when he said he has talked with several guys he knows about their achilles recovery process, especially Tatum. He's another guy who I see filling the leadership void on the team...really smart guy who also leads my example on the court by going 100% all the time.
Ant is always a delight to listen to...he has a unique combination of confidence in himself while saying positive things about his teammates. He's clearly excited about LaMelo allowing him to play off ball...said he was never very comfortable being the pseudo PG.
I love how they all talk about how much they have learned from Rudy about the importance of taking care of their bodies. Jaden said when he's at a restaurant he always thinks "Now, what would Rudy order?". Someone asks if he then orders that item, and he said "Nah"!