MLB Stadiums ranked

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
AbeVigodaLive

Re: MLB Stadiums ranked

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Today, I dumped monster and lst from my bbq invite list.

Despicable.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

I can contribute. I have been to the Trop. What layer of hell does OAK have to be to be worse than the Trop?

Much darker than HHH. And as the article mentions, IF you have a dome, there has to be AS LITTLE hanging from the roof as possible. I think TOR does a good job of that, and HHH did an ok job. But the Kingdome and the Trop have way too much nonesense.

Strange: I am fine with a ballpark surrounded by a large parking lot, if that parking lot is FREE, like the Met.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Today, I dumped monster and lst from my bbq invite list.

Despicable.

No! Actually, I'm worse than monster...because I'm vegan.

plus fish
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Ah yes, Wrigley Field. I lived in Chicago for about a decade and used to attend games semi-regularly before getting married (my forays to Wrigley and the golf course both ground to a halt upon marriage. Sigh).

Opening Day there is just chaos. I showed up with a work colleague at a bar in Wrigleyville where we met some other friends at 10:00 in the morning a few hours before the first pitch. The place was nuts. 12 hours later I'm in a neighborhood bar way up in Edgewater drinking with Mike North (sports talk radio guy for those of you that don't know him), who I had no prior connection with whatsoever. How that happened, I don't know.....

Needless to say, going to a Cubs game in Wrigley is just as much about the location and surrounding areas as it is the stadium.

JasonIsDaMan wrote:I can contribute. I have been to the Trop. What layer of hell does OAK have to be to be worse than the Trop?

Much darker than HHH. And as the article mentions, IF you have a dome, there has to be AS LITTLE hanging from the roof as possible. I think TOR does a good job of that, and HHH did an ok job. But the Kingdome and the Trop have way too much nonesense.

Strange: I am fine with a ballpark surrounded by a large parking lot, if that parking lot is FREE, like the Met.

Hmm...you and I have different recollections of the Met, because I can remember having to pay. I used to park at the old Thunderbird Motel and walk in to save the $$$.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Despicable.

I think this calls for a Ron Swanson clip. It's so hard to pick just one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL_azA78Hi0
Monster

Post by Monster »

longstrangetrip wrote:

Despicable.

No! Actually, I'm worse than monster...because I'm vegan.

plus fish

My wife and so do the vegan thing a lot partly because we have friends that do. My wife like the challenge. I love cheese real though and ice cream and... I've been a vegetarian all my life. No fish for me.

Q12543 wrote:Ah yes, Wrigley Field. I lived in Chicago for about a decade and used to attend games semi-regularly before getting married (my forays to Wrigley and the golf course both ground to a halt upon marriage. Sigh).

Opening Day there is just chaos. I showed up with a work colleague at a bar in Wrigleyville where we met some other friends at 10:00 in the morning a few hours before the first pitch. The place was nuts. 12 hours later I'm in a neighborhood bar way up in Edgewater drinking with Mike North (sports talk radio guy for those of you that don't know him), who I had no prior connection with whatsoever. How that happened, I don't know.....

Needless to say, going to a Cubs game in Wrigley is just as much about the location and surrounding areas as it is the stadium.

Yeah, I agree that it's as much about the neighborhood as anything. Only been there once. My son and I went there for a Twins game on a cheap Labor Day charter several years ago. Highlight was getting there early and going out to Waveland Avenue to catch batting practice home runs. I had heard about the Waveland Experience, but didn't appreciate how difficult it was until we got there. First of all, Waveland is a busy traffic street, so you have to be careful not to get run over when going after a homer! Second, you don't have much time to react after you see the ball clearing the stadium. The Waveland pros position themselves across the street and wait for a HR to appear, then quickly check the traffic before rushing into the street to try to catch it. My son got pretty good at it and caught two (with grudging respect from the veterans)...I caught none.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

longstrangetrip wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:I can contribute. I have been to the Trop. What layer of hell does OAK have to be to be worse than the Trop?

Hmm...you and I have different recollections of the Met, because I can remember having to pay. I used to park at the old Thunderbird Motel and walk in to save the $$$.

I could be wrong about whether or not there was a charge to park at the Met.
Um....is that the only reason you parked at the Thunderbird?

JasonIsDaMan wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:

I could be wrong about whether or not there was a charge to park at the Met.
Um....is that the only reason you parked at the Thunderbird?

Ha, I was only a naïve 16 back then...so the answer is "yes".