Miami won't give up Herro
Monster

Re: Russell Westbrook on the trade block

Post by Monster »

TheGrey08 wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:
TheGrey08 wrote:"Timberwolves get: Russell Westbrook, Andre Roberson

Thunder get: Andrew Wiggins, Jeff Teague, Josh Okogie."

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/cbkqj6/espn_nba_insiders_six_big_russell_westbrook/

I guess it's not just random fans kicking trade ideas around.

This is a no-brainer if you're Minnesota.

Yeah, that's hard to say no to.

Yeah because if Roberson was actually healthy we would be getting the 2 best players in the trade.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Traded to houston for paul, 2024 1st and 2026 1st and pick swaps in 2021 and 2025.

Great haul for okc. Houston could be bad in 2024 and 26. They get 7 first round picks for george and russ. They are a decent team with paul, gallo and adams and sga. Lots of assets and multiple years with 2 or 3 first round picks.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

worldK wrote:Traded to houston for paul, 2024 1st and 2026 1st and pick swaps in 2021 and 2025.

Great haul for okc. Houston could be bad in 2024 and 26. They get 7 first round picks for george and russ. They are a decent team with paul, gallo and adams and sga. Lots of assets and multiple years with 2 or 3 first round picks.

Beat me too it and whew... has any other team blown it up to rebuild and received a better haul?
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

worldK wrote:Traded to houston for paul, 2024 1st and 2026 1st and pick swaps in 2021 and 2025.

Sam Presti is putting on an absolute clinic this summer of how to affectively manage an NBA franchise, especially in a situation where they lost both of their star players. Would anyone argue against me if I stated that Presti, Sean Marks, Bob Myers, Masai Ujiri, and Tim Connelly -- in no particular order -- were the five best basketball executives in the league right now? They are killing it.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

Camden0916 wrote:

Sam Presti is putting on an absolute clinic this summer of how to affectively manage an NBA franchise, especially in a situation where they lost both of their star players. Would anyone argue against me if I stated that Presti, Sean Marks, Bob Myers, Masai Ujiri, and Tim Connelly -- in no particular order -- were the five best basketball executives in the league right now? They are killing it.

Add David Griffin to that list and what he's done with the Pelicans
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

KiwiMatt wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:

Add David Griffin to that list and what he's done with the Pelicans

I agree completely. Cam's list plus David Griffin. Those are what I'd call elite front office executives. And they're not just showing their talents this summer; they've performed exceptionally well previously.

I'd start an honorable mention list with Danny Ainge. The Jaylen Brown and Tatum picks, including the deal Tatum deal with the Sixers, were excellent. The Kyrie Irving deal was a good gamble and Ainge gave up relatively little to get him. Then when Kyrie imploded, Ainge was able to land on his feet with the signing of Kemba. One sign of a good NBA executive is the ability to bounce back strong from the inevitable stumbling blocks and miscues. I wouldn't put Danny quite at the same level as these other guys, but he's at the top of my honorable mention list.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

Houston hasn't missed the playoffs for almost a decade now and they haven't been worse than 9th since 2009-2010. They've been bad basically one season in the last 20 years. I wouldn't count on those picks being better than late lottery at best. They typically find a way to stay relevant.