Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
BloopOracle

Russell Westbrook on the trade block

Post by BloopOracle »

Gerrson wouldn't dare would he?
Lipoli390

Re: Russell Westbrook on the trade block

Post by Lipoli390 »

Gersson would be dumb to do it. Westbrook is 30 and his body is already breaking down. And he has 4 years $170+ million left on his deal. Would they do Westbrook straight up for Wiggins? Probably not. If so it would be tempting although I think we'd have to include another another salary to match. But I'd stay away.
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:Gersson would be dumb to do it. Westbrook is 30 and his body is already breaking down. And he has 4 years $170+ million left on his deal. Would they do Westbrook straight up for Wiggins? Probably not. If so it would be tempting although I think we'd have to include another another salary to match. But I'd stay away.

I agree with your sentiment here. I think even with the reservations we both have about this...if you are the Wolves POBO you have to at least call and see what the price is. My guess is some team will give OKC some legit assets to get Russ. If really all It cost was Wiggins and some other fodder it would be hard to turn that down. OKC and the Celtics are 2 teams that at different points played the asset game very well and now where are they? Both teams are likely banking on the future and/or young players. It's not like they have no hope because they do but...it's not exactly where they thought they were going to be in the summer of 2019.
Tactical unit

Post by Tactical unit »

What if it was something like Westbrook, Adams, Schroder for Wiggins, Teague, Gorgi and picks. MN becomes playoff relevant but are Kat, Westbrook and Covington going to complete with other super teams? I'd probably just stay away from OKC and build for down the road.
Tactical unit

Post by Tactical unit »

I should also add Rosas probably will and damn sure should call OKC and let them know he has interest in being part of the deal might pick up something from another team pick or player wise by being involved in a 3 way.
Monster

Post by Monster »

So where does Westbrook land?

I've seen some folks suggest the Heat. If anyone is desperate enough to try it then yes it's the Heat. They can't really give OKC picks though. Can Winslow be moved with his extension kicking in? How much of an asset is Bam? Tyler Herro? It's just kinda entertaining to think about.

Looking through teams there isn't a ton of obvious landing spots for Westbrook. What about Detroit with Blake Griffin? Does OKC and Westbrook wait it out a while so teams have more options to trade guys they just signed?

The Clippers obviously get better but unless something unexpected happens (I guess we can't be too surprised) the somewhat good news is OKC is going to much worse this year.
Tactical unit

Post by Tactical unit »

ORL, MIA, MN, PHX seem like the most probable to me.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

If Wolves can get away with Wiggins, Teague and a protected 1st it's worth doing. Its either pay a lot to Wiggins and struggle to stay relevant or pay Westbrook a lot and really compete. Towns, Westbrook with the defenses of Okogie, Culver and Cov would make a very competitive lineup.

The Wolves will be competing with Charlotte (maybe), Detroit, Houston, Miami, and maybe Washington. Everyone else is set or just made a ton of moves that ties their hands. Houston is going to surely offer 4 frp. It might just come down to where Russ wants to go. Maybe he likes Towns and Cov.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

100% chance, not 99.9%, that Westrbrook will not be coming here.
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

That contract is going to be tough for any team to swallow. For a player with Westbrook's flaws, I think it could be hard to move it. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.