DLO out tomorrow for load management.

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

Re: DLO out tomorrow for load management.

Post by kekgeek »

9 available guys tonight. With Crabbe out tonight for personal reasons. Why don't we have the 3 iowa guys up
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

kekgeek1 wrote:9 available guys tonight. With Crabbe out tonight for personal reasons. Why don't we have the 3 iowa guys up

Because they're tanking.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

khans2k5 wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:You guys act like these games matter. I'll let you in on a secret. The Wolves are not winning a Championship this year. These games are nothing more then preseason for next year. That is it. Sorry for bursting your bubbles.

Few of our games have mattered for over a decade. The point is you can't just flip a switch and say time to try now because by then you've built up bad habits and a losing culture when you didn't give a shit in the games that don't matter. We came into this season, tried hard and even had a decent start. Then the second things got tough this team folded because of bad habits and bad culture and we traded away 2/3rds of the team as a result. It's not something you just turn on. The only teams who turn into contenders overnight get superstars in the offseason which we don't get so the only way we can compete is to develop a winning culture and build a program like a Milwaukee, like a Utah, like a Denver. You think Giannis was looking for load management nights off as they were building a winning culture? What happens if this team comes into next year with the we'll try now attitude and they get punched in the mouth again? Are they just gonna fold like a cheap tent again because they've been given a free pass to be soft for 2 straight years now? DLO isn't injured anymore Nor is he rehabbing his injury anymore so if just playing basketball is such a risk to his health then we have a problem.

I've never said don't try. But sitting out is different. Obviously if you are playing you should give 100%.

I don't mind at all treating these games like preseason though. It doesn't mean you don't play hard or create bad habits. It simply means you play G leaguers and give veterans a lot more rest.

I trust in Rosas, but I may be the only one. LOL
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

kekgeek1 wrote:9 available guys tonight. With Crabbe out tonight for personal reasons. Why don't we have the 3 iowa guys up

Didn't you say the Wolves were not tanking? I don't think they were the first 20 or so games, but after that guys were out way too much all the time. I think this game should end the debate wether they have been or not.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

WolvesFan21 wrote:

Didn't you say the Wolves were not tanking? I don't think they were the first 20 or so games, but after that guys were out way too much all the time. I think this game should end the debate wether they have been or not.

Not having Spellman and/or Vanderbilt for this game answers the question of tanking or not, in case anyone wasn't sure yet.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Camden0916 wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:

Not having Spellman and/or Vanderbilt for this game answers the question of tanking or not, in case anyone wasn't sure yet.

Not having those guys answers the question?!? :)
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Q12543 wrote:Yeah, pretty pathetic the lengths Rosas & Co. are willing to go to tank this season. As someone else said, we'll see how this translates into next season. My only hope is that may be Rosas pulls off some trades that bring in some winners to this team - guys who won't put up with lazy defense and carefree mentalities. Malik Beasley may be one of the answers here, at least from a lockerroom perspective (??). They could use a tough 3 & D SF too. Also keeping an eye on Vanderbilt as our future PF.

They're not tanking.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I'm still holding out hope...

... that the next regime figures out that you have to build a culture here that actually prioritizes winning for the franchise to start winning.

It's an insult to Wolves fans who've had to endure this same approach many, many, many times. It has never worked here. But Rosas doesn't care. Do you know what's MOST important to Gersson Rosas? His job... his very well-paying and prestigious job. And what's the best way to get at least one more out of that prestigious well-paying job? Lower expectations via another rebuild. Obviously, this is not new to the Wolves... and not even novel around the league.

But we keep falling for it. Over and over again.

The Promise of Hope. Meh.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

WildWolf2813 wrote:
Q12543 wrote:Yeah, pretty pathetic the lengths Rosas & Co. are willing to go to tank this season. As someone else said, we'll see how this translates into next season. My only hope is that may be Rosas pulls off some trades that bring in some winners to this team - guys who won't put up with lazy defense and carefree mentalities. Malik Beasley may be one of the answers here, at least from a lockerroom perspective (??). They could use a tough 3 & D SF too. Also keeping an eye on Vanderbilt as our future PF.

They're not tanking.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck.

When I was completely young and naive I thought the GOV was simply incompetent, but really doing there best for "me" or other avg Americans. I couldn't figure out why they wasted so much money doing this or that, why didn't things ever get better? Then I wised up and realized they were simply greedy. They acted incompetent and still are in many ways, but the GOV is run by greedy bastards doing what is best for themselves. That's the way the world works.

I think it is naive to think that the Wolves are "just bad." Rosas said they are not prioritizing winning. Guys are held out months for toe injuries. They can't obviously come out and say we are tanking. People won't come to the game and buy tickets. It's in the Wolves best interest as well as Ryans and Rosas best interest to tank. The less games they win this year sets the bar low for the fan base going forward. If the Wolves made the playoffs or even got close people will say it's a miracle. Like the politicians who are run by greed and self preserving factors, these guys want to stay employed as long as possible. Tanking this season does both by adding talent and keeping the bar low for future success.

Imagine they didn't tank, won a bunch of games then make trades and the team gets worse? Fans would be outraged. But if the team sucks and they make trades, everyone is happy just to see changes being made.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

WolvesFan21 wrote:
WildWolf2813 wrote:

They're not tanking.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck.

When I was completely young and naive I thought the GOV was simply incompetent, but really doing there best for "me" or other avg Americans. I couldn't figure out why they wasted so much money doing this or that, why didn't things ever get better? Then I wised up and realized they were simply greedy. They acted incompetent and still are in many ways, but the GOV is run by greedy bastards doing what is best for themselves. That's the way the world works.

I think it is naive to think that the Wolves are "just bad." Rosas said they are not prioritizing winning. Guys are held out months for toe injuries. They can't obviously come out and say we are tanking. People won't come to the game and buy tickets. It's in the Wolves best interest as well as Ryans and Rosas best interest to tank. The less games they win this year sets the bar low for the fan base going forward. If the Wolves made the playoffs or even got close people will say it's a miracle. Like the politicians who are run by greed and self preserving factors, these guys want to stay employed as long as possible. Tanking this season does both by adding talent and keeping the bar low for future success.

Imagine they didn't tank, won a bunch of games then make trades and the team gets worse? Fans would be outraged. But if the team sucks and they make trades, everyone is happy just to see changes being made.

When they were prioritizing winning how did they look? Layman missing all that time with turf toe makes him brittle. The team being coy about injuries makes them stupid. Culver working hard and still being awful makes him beyond disappointing. This team not being pushed to play together doesn't mean they're tanking because when they finally get this team together, the results will stay the same. As I've said many times, Rosas has no idea how difficult this job is gonna be. Now he's just winging it. We went from not trying to necessarily be Rockets North to that being the ethos this team is following.

Rosas is pretty much David Kahn with credibility. Churning the roster over, married to a system that isn't working, ignoring defense, grossly miscalculating talent in the draft. Rosas may be lying to us all when he speaks but this team has told the truth about where they are as a franchise whenever they play.