Corey Brewer Rumour

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Corey Brewer Rumour

Post by Monster »

The bigger players let Williams have a shot at those guys. Brewer did a decent job on Durant if I remember right the last year he played with the Wolves. I think thats partly because Durant is long but not a bruiser and puts the ball on the floor where Brewer can use his ELITE skill at taking he ball away from a guy to his advantage. That said no way I pay Brewer that much (4 years 19million) for that long and I LOVE Brewer.

On MWP he can say where he WANTS to go, but if I am correct its not in his hands once it gets to the bidding time. Besides if he got stuck with us I doubt he would mind too much since if healthy we could actually be a contender.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Not interested in MWP whatsoever. We don't have the minutes to keep him content, and that could be an explosive situation. Our young guys need to play and bringing Metta in would limit that. He's just not a good fit here.
MinnesotaJock [enjin:6589402]

Post by MinnesotaJock [enjin:6589402] »

monsterpile wrote:The bigger players let Williams have a shot at those guys. Brewer did a decent job on Durant if I remember right the last year he played with the Wolves. I think thats partly because Durant is long but not a bruiser and puts the ball on the floor where Brewer can use his ELITE skill at taking he ball away from a guy to his advantage. That said no way I pay Brewer that much (4 years 19million) for that long and I LOVE Brewer.

On MWP he can say where he WANTS to go, but if I am correct its not in his hands once it gets to the bidding time. Besides if he got stuck with us I doubt he would mind too much since if healthy we could actually be a contender.

It would be interesting to find out how much teams can throw at him once he's amnestied.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Cool -- I think we differ on Corey. I think he's overrated by many as both a defender and athlete. Hoiberg's comment to me tells the tale on Corey's defense. Check out Corey's combine numbers for some insight into Corey's decent but not great athleticsm and mediocre wing span for a Sf. I was hoping we had seen the last of the drunken dribbler in a Wolves uniform. I do like his energy and effort. So i wouldnt mind sIgning him for no more than $3 million per year. But I would have rather signed DeMarre Carroll at the $2.5 million per year he's going to get from Atlanta.
MinnesotaJock [enjin:6589402]

Post by MinnesotaJock [enjin:6589402] »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:Not interested in MWP whatsoever. We don't have the minutes to keep him content, and that could be an explosive situation. Our young guys need to play and bringing Metta in would limit that. He's just not a good fit here.

Minutes definitely would be an issue. Having Martin, Shved, Williams, Bud, and Bazz would make it tough for MWP. I guess the positive thing with Brewer is he would be content getting spot minutes. The negative thing would be the rumored amount. 19 million? Ouch. No way I would pay that much for a player getting spot minutes.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Brewer is worth 3m tops. Anything above that would be overpaying. Il rather have ronnie brewer instead. Better ball handler and athlete. Good size too and more affortable. 4years is also too long if we are looking at a bench defender. 2year deal would be ideal.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I know this for sure. I don't want Ronnie Brewer anywhere near the T'Wolves court unless he's the opposition. The guy sucks and his defense is largely overrated.

Hopefully the rumored amount for Corey was incorrect. I'd be fine with a 4 year/16M deal or less.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

Can't see giving Brewer more than 3 years and even then, I would prefer something around the 3 mil range. Guys like Corey and Bud aren't difference makers, can't create for themselves and aren't defensive stoppers.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Marc Stein: "Hearing: Wolves closing in on three-year deal with coveted swingman Corey Brewer in $15 million range"

I can live with this. Yes, it's a little high, but he did play his way into that contract last season. Had a good year for Denver.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

He isn't any better than a Dorrell Wright, or Demarre Carrol, who both signed for 2.5-3 mil a year. Giving him 3 years at that amount is ludicrous. Flip is singlehandedly going to kill this team in less than a month.