Corey Brewer Rumour

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
KiwiMatt

Corey Brewer Rumour

Post by KiwiMatt »

Rumour has it that the Wolves are exploring options to S & T for Corey Brewer. Source is Hoopshype.

I personally would love to get Corey back on this team. Provides two things we desperately need - defence and athleticism. I would be content with a SF rotation of Bud and Brewer, with spot minutes to D Will and Muhammad.
Volans19

Re: Corey Brewer Rumour

Post by Volans19 »

I would like Brewer as well, but only as a bench player who can come in and give good high-energy play for 10-15 minutes a game
Monster

Post by Monster »

Brewer woudl be a nice compliment to Williams as he could stick with the SF that are too quick and athletic for Derrick to play with. He can obviously D up on SGs as well. Adding him as a role player would be a really nice way to help fill the defensive and intangibles AK brought. Also can you imagine Brewer and Rubio playing D in the backcourt? They wouldn't be able to hit jumpers but damn. LOL

So I wonder if the Nuggets would have interest in JJ Barea. I know they have Lawson and Miller already, but Barea can function as a SG ( I know he is small but hear me out) and could be a decent fit playing minutes next to Andre Miller. He would give them another scoring guy in case Fourier isn't quite ready for big minutes. I could see him fitting in with the guys they have on that team. Just a thought...
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

Brewer's jumper has actually improved over the years. He's not gonna give you 20 points a night, but he can hit the open jumper and is a pretty good slasher. We all know about his ability to dunk the ball as well, something we lack and need with Ricky Rubio running the show.

I'd be all for a sign and trade of Barea or Ridnour for Brewer. We get a defensive SF and at the same time it clears the logjam at the point and balances our roster.

PG - Rubio / Ridnour / Brown
SG - Martin / Shved / Muhammad
SF - Brewer / Budinger
PF - Love / Williams / Cunningham
C - Pekovic / Dieng / Johnson

I'd be happy with that starting lineup come the end of October and the 2nd unit isn't half bad either!
markkbu [enjin:6588958]

Post by markkbu [enjin:6588958] »

Kiwi, i think that D-Will will play SF more this year, per comments that Flip made.

Brewer could be that defensive wing that some people seem to want. I don't think he'll move the dial much, but I'm not opposed to it.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

Markkbu, I see D Will playing SF too and do think he will establish himself as being able to play there, however I don't think he'll start. His contribution will be the first forward off the bench whethers its playing the 3 or 4.

Corey Brewer is a role player and a good one at that. That's what we need around our core of Love, Rubio and hopefully Pek. His hussle is second to none and combine that with Rubio's pesty defense and you'll have some very frustrated opponents. A starting lineup of Rubio-Martin-Brewer-Love-Pek has great size and length. We also need someone to finish on the fast break and Brewer fills this roles too.

Bring back Brewer!
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

I'd rather have Barea than Corey. JJ is a must better long-range shooter and much better scorer on dribble penetration. JJ also has championship experience. Fred Hoiberg once told me that Brewer really isn't a great defender. He explained that Corey moves a lot, but isn't a very smart defender so his aggressive movement on defense makes him look like a better defender than he really is.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

I'd rather have Ronnie Brewer as a defensive SF off the bench. But our real need is a defensive STARTING SF. That's definitely not Corey. It's AK47, Artest or Ariza.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

lipoli390 wrote:I'd rather have Barea than Corey. JJ is a must better long-range shooter and must better scorer on dribble penetration. JJ also has championship experience. Fred Hoiberg once told me that Brewer really isn't a great defender. He explained that Corey moves a lot, but isn't a very smart defender so his aggressive movement on defense makes him look like a better defender than he really is.

Lip I do like Barea, but not for 4.6 mil playing about 12 minutes behind Rubio. He does have championship experience which come playoff time would be invaluable. I also don't like that he can't play with Rubio, as both require the ball in their hands to be effective.

Defense starts with hussle. Rubio is a perfect example of this and so is Dante Cunningham. Brewer isn't a great man on man defender but what he does do well is disrupt the passing lane and is a good weakside defender. Another thing Corey does well is turn defense in to offense, he runs the floor very well and creates fast break opportunities, something we sorely lacked last season.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

I would welcome Corey back with open arms. I was one of the few who never wanted him traded in the first place. Most of you have heard the story, but when the Brewer trade rumors were circulating a few years ago I told David Kahn to his face that it would be a mistake. And of course it was. Corey's not a starter but he would be a nice energy player off the bench and brings something that we sorely lack - athleticism. If we could move a point guard for him it would be a very good deal for us.