Fleck

Golden Gophers Of All Sports
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Re: Fleck

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

monsterpile wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:I had a terrific afternoon yesterday. Sadly, my 96-year-old dad is in his final days (not too sad, actually...he's happy and ready, and still has the gorgeous 75-year love of his life by his side), but yesterday I got to watch him thoroughly enjoy an unexpected Gopher win. My dad is not much of a sports fan...he played on the 1945-6 Gopher hockey team, but hasn't set foot in the building since. But he and my mom were Gopher football season ticket holders for 50 years, and haven't missed a game on TV all season. What a gift PJ and his Gophers gave him yesterday...I'll never forget the big grin on his face as he watched the team dash across the field to collect the Axe!. The old guy probably won't make it until the bowl game, but I'll always be happy knowing his Gophers prevailed in his final game. Thank you, PJ!

I'm glad that your family was able to share that moment of a Gopher win. Take care LST.

Thx Monster. By the way, Dad was not nearly as happy the day your Cornhuskers kicked the Gophers' ass!
Monster

Post by Monster »

longstrangetrip wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:I had a terrific afternoon yesterday. Sadly, my 96-year-old dad is in his final days (not too sad, actually...he's happy and ready, and still has the gorgeous 75-year love of his life by his side), but yesterday I got to watch him thoroughly enjoy an unexpected Gopher win. My dad is not much of a sports fan...he played on the 1945-6 Gopher hockey team, but hasn't set foot in the building since. But he and my mom were Gopher football season ticket holders for 50 years, and haven't missed a game on TV all season. What a gift PJ and his Gophers gave him yesterday...I'll never forget the big grin on his face as he watched the team dash across the field to collect the Axe!. The old guy probably won't make it until the bowl game, but I'll always be happy knowing his Gophers prevailed in his final game. Thank you, PJ!

I'm glad that your family was able to share that moment of a Gopher win. Take care LST.

Thx Monster. By the way, Dad was not nearly as happy the day your Cornhuskers kicked the Gophers' ass!

I bet not! I was honestly surprised at that score.

I'm looking forward to what both of these football programs will be able to do. Amusingly when we drove back into town Friday night from visiting family in Iowa for Thanksgiving I saw a sign that had Nebraska with a winning score. I was shocked (kinda forgot about the game lol). I guess it was just a leftover prediction but the Huskers finished strong I didn't think they would win at Iowa and a close game is encouraging.

Meanwhile what's up with Michigan losing to Ohio state?

Just curious what is the buzz like locally around the Gophers basketball team this year?

monsterpile wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

I'm looking forward to what both of these football programs will be able to do. Amusingly when we drove back into town Friday night from visiting family in Iowa for Thanksgiving I saw a sign that had Nebraska with a winning score. I was shocked (kinda forgot about the game lol). I guess it was just a leftover prediction but the Huskers finished strong I didn't think they would win at Iowa and a close game is encouraging.

Just curious what is the buzz like locally around the Gophers basketball team this year?

Quite a lot of excitement. They are starting two freshmen, and one of them hit an off-balance three at the buzzer last week against Washington to move them to 5-0. They have double double machine Jordan Murphy back for one more year, and 6-10 PF Eric Curry who missed all of last year with knee surgery will be back soon. They are big and physical, but ultimately lack of 3-point shooting might be their downfall...especially if their hot-shooting freshman comes back to earth.
Monster

Post by Monster »

longstrangetrip wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

Quite a lot of excitement. They are starting two freshmen, and one of them hit an off-balance three at the buzzer last week against Washington to move them to 5-0. They have double double machine Jordan Murphy back for one more year, and 6-10 PF Eric Curry who missed all of last year with knee surgery will be back soon. They are big and physical, but ultimately lack of 3-point shooting might be their downfall...especially if their hot-shooting freshman comes back to earth.

How has Amir Coffey been doing?

monsterpile wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

How has Amir Coffey been doing?

Somewhat of a disappointment. Pitino moved him to PG (a big PG at 6-8), and he hasn't adapted to the new position very well...not shooting well and even fewer assists than when he was a SG. I watched the Washington game and he handles the ball well, so I'm hoping he can turn it around
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

Sounds like a great day!
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26034402/ex-gophers-coach-jerry-kill-criticizes-current-coach-pj-fleck

Oh Jerry!
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26034402/ex-gophers-coach-jerry-kill-criticizes-current-coach-pj-fleck

Oh Jerry!

I listened to a clip of what Jerry had to say and I get why he is upset to some extent but...idk it seems like maybe it's time to let some of that stuff go.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

I agree. I think his true colors are being shown here. I think he wants to coach again and can't get a HC job and blames it on the U.

https://kfan.iheart.com/featured/gopher-blog/content/2019-02-20-how-jerry-kill-got-into-his-pj-fleck-savagery-is-worse-thank-you-think/?pname=local_social&sc=editorial&keyid=KFXN
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

Nothing new here. Just 8-0.