Fleck

Golden Gophers Of All Sports
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Fleck

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Halftime Football Rally

http://kfan.iheart.com/onair/gopher-blog-35312/icymi-pj-fleck-spoke-at-halftime-15451507/#ixzz4VHr6rjJC

Re: Fleck

Fleck first recruiting class.

http://www.startribune.com/p-j-fleck-pulled-off-a-signing-day-shuffle-for-gophers/412363593/

I am not sure what he runs for an offense, but hoping he has more of a passing game.

He has 2 players projected to go in the first 2 rounds in the NFL draft this year. Not bad.
http://herosports.com/news/nfl-draft-rankings-cotton-bowl-wisconsin-western-michigan-corey-davis

Hopefully he can do the same here. I wouldn't mind if both Davis and Moton landed on the Vikings. I would be curious what Fleck thinks of Beavers.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Fleck is clearly fond of beavers, bleed...after all, he's already had two wives and he's not even 40 yet!

I listened to an interview with him yesterday where Barreiro asked him what kind of offense he runs. He didn't divulge, but said in the first year or two the offense would be dependent on the players available to him. Makes sense...most of the players he coaches this year won't be his guys, so he needs to be flexible in his approach.

I'm as cynical as the next guy, but I have to confess: this guy is growing on me! Sure, I cringe every time he uses the word "elite" (every 15 seconds?), but I have a feeling his schtick may play well with college players. I have to admit I'm feeling rather optimistic...this guy isn't just talking conference championships, he's talking national championships. And I'm fairly certain I'm the only guy here who watched the Gophers the last time they played in a Rose Bowl!

longstrangetrip wrote:Fleck is clearly fond of beavers, bleed...after all, he's already had two wives and he's not even 40 yet!

Quote of the year!!!

I think he is smart guy and shown he is a winner. I like that he will flex his system to the players he has. I never understood coaches that don't. (Norv Turner I am lookng at you) I am curious if any of these guys he recruited this year will make it to the NFL, I am guessing he specializes in WR just based on his history of being a WR and Davis being a projected 1st this year.

I think his QB will make or break this team. I am not sure how much worse we can be after the guys Kill/Claeys had here. He made it sound like we have no DT's and the DB position is a huge unknown going into next year. We can all only hope that he can keep the strength of Kill/Claeys era defense in place and add a legit offense.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I haven't seen much of him talk except when he was at the Wolves game but his personality is one I would think would work great for college football. He is a salesman with energy and seems like he could still be in college hanging out doing stuff. I worked with a guy like that at a school around 10 years ago. He was in his late 30's a great teacher but still loved Taco Bell playing ball with the guys and just hanging out. Fleck has to have more than just a sales pitch and an act. He has to be able to coach and evaluate and develop talent. It will be interesting to see how he does. If he is successful the Big 10 is going to be a heck of a conference.

This sucks. This team is going nowhere without a Qb.

http://www.1500espn.com/gophers-2/2018/06/reports-junior-college-qb-bolts-gophers-returns-riverside-cc/
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:This sucks. This team is going nowhere without a Qb.

http://www.1500espn.com/gophers-2/2018/06/reports-junior-college-qb-bolts-gophers-returns-riverside-cc/

Sounds like both the coaching staff and the player figured out he wasn't a QB at this level. That has happened a few times at Nebraska also. Maybe the other guys will be worthwhile or at least serviceable. We will find out.

Speaking of Big 10 college football a local ticket reseller Ticket Express (I get a lot of my tickets through them and IMO they are really good) sent out an email saying that if Nebraska wins a Big 10 conference title for football any football tickets purchased through them would be free. Lol 7 or 8 wins would probably be a big success for the Cornuslers this year maybe even a HUUUUGE success. I have no idea if they have a QB or not. Scott Frost is here so I'm guessing people will have some ridiculous expectations. I'm assuming it will take a couple years. The Big 10 is such a tough confern be for football it should be interesting for a while.

Not sure what to think here. P.J. Fleck picks true freshman as Gophers' starting quarterback

http://www.1500espn.com/news/2018/08/p-j-fleck-picks-true-freshman-gophers-starting-quarterback/
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Not sure what to think here. P.J. Fleck picks true freshman as Gophers' starting quarterback

http://www.1500espn.com/news/2018/08/p-j-fleck-picks-true-freshman-gophers-starting-quarterback/

I haven't followed this very closely except sorta paying some attention to what wolfson has said on his podcasts and some tweets but it seemed like the job was pretty wide open and they had a few possible options. The video I saw of Fleck talking about the decision was the last 2 guys made the decision tough...in a good way.

Here in Nebraska it's a bit similar. For the first time in a while we have little idea of what we are going to get out of the QB position and there were a few possible options of guys to get the job. From what little I have gathered the leading candidate is a redshirt freshman. I really don't know what to expect from this team in general and I guess Vegas has them at 6.5 wins which sounds about right and honestly with the schedule they have 6 wins might not even be that bad for a first year coach after the disaster of last season*. I'm curious how both programs go forward with promising young head coaches.

*I watched some highlights of the Vikings new FB McCrary and he had 3 TDS against Nebraska and was part of that 400+ rushing performance by the Gophers. Man...that had to have been brutal.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Well it's a true freshman for Nebraska at QB also. Adrian Martinez is the guy.