Trade deadline

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Monster

Re: Trade deadline

Post by Monster »

jester1534 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:Waiting for Jester to tell me how to feel about this Berrios deal but it looks pretty good to me based on what I have seen.

Rather have Groshans than Martin.

It's not that I don't like Martin but he's still 2-3 years away.

The one good thing is that they don't have to protect him for quite a while either. It will be interesting to see who else they move. They could end up with quite a bit of financial flexibility heading into the offseason to plug some spots. Gonna be tough to replace Berrios though.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

monsterpile wrote:
jester1534 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:Waiting for Jester to tell me how to feel about this Berrios deal but it looks pretty good to me based on what I have seen.

The one good thing is that they don't have to protect him for quite a while either. It will be interesting to see who else they move. They could end up with quite a bit of financial flexibility heading into the offseason to plug some spots. Gonna be tough to replace Berrios though.

Talked to my close friend with organization they believe that Martin is only a year and change away. Also they saw these two as there top 2 propects.

The hang up has been with Simeon Woods-Richardson. The blue jays really wanted to have Nate Pearson instead of him but the Twins see Pearson as only bullpen arm in the future not a starter.

Simeon Woods-Richardson Is who the blue jays got in the Marcus Stroman trade.

So basically the Twins are banking on 2 of these 5 guys panning out the next two year

Simeon Woods-Richardson
Jon Ryan
Jhoan Duran
Jordy Blaze
Matt Canterino
FNG

Post by FNG »

Jester1534 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
jester1534 wrote:

Talked to my close friend with organization they believe that Martin is only a year and change away. Also they saw these two as there top 2 propects.

The hang up has been with Simeon Woods-Richardson. The blue jays really wanted to have Nate Pearson instead of him but the Twins see Pearson as only bullpen arm in the future not a starter.

So basically the Twins are banking on 2 of these 5 guys panning out the next two year

Simeon Woods-Richardson
Jon Ryan
Jhoan Duran
Jordy Blaze
Matt Canterino

Great info, jester...makes me even more excited about this deal. How in the hell do you convince a team to give up on its top two prospects? I love the list of pitchers above...can you sell me on Woods-Richardson? I know nothing about him.

So now Royce Lewis and Martin are our two top young hitting prospects, and interestingly, they're both a year and change away and both C/SS's. Having two potential stud CFers makes me think they're not too optimistic about extending Buxton. If Berrios gets a haul like this, what does Buck get?

Why do the Twins need Levine and Falvey? Can't they give one to the Wolves to replace Rose-ass?
Monster

Post by Monster »

FNG wrote:
Jester1534 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
jester1534 wrote:

Simeon Woods-Richardson
Jon Ryan
Jhoan Duran
Jordy Blaze
Matt Canterino

Great info, jester...makes me even more excited about this deal. How in the hell do you convince a team to give up on its top two prospects? I love the list of pitchers above...can you sell me on Woods-Richardson? I know nothing about him.

So now Royce Lewis and Martin are our two top young hitting prospects, and interestingly, they're both a year and change away and both C/SS's. Having two potential stud CFers makes me think they're not too optimistic about extending Buxton. If Berrios gets a haul like this, what does Buck get?

Why do the Twins need Levine and Falvey? Can't they give one to the Wolves to replace Rose-ass?

Toronto may not have seen these guys as their best prospects. It seems universally accepted that their farm system is loaded. Like Mackey and Judd were saying a few minutes ago Toronto is going for it and the reality is there is a chance none of these guys make you regret getting a year plus out of Berrios if he walks. They pulled up the Twins top prospects from A couple years they could have made deals. Matt Garza was untouchable. Honestly I don't even remember anyone on those lists from either year that became even an average starting MLB player for the Twins.
Monster

Post by Monster »

A major league team traded for Happ. This season is bizarre.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Robles to the Red Sox for Alex Scherff. Looks like Buxton is staying as well as Pineda.
FNG

Post by FNG »

monsterpile wrote:
FNG wrote:
Jester1534 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
jester1534 wrote:

Simeon Woods-Richardson
Jon Ryan
Jhoan Duran
Jordy Blaze
Matt Canterino

Toronto may not have seen these guys as their best prospects. It seems universally accepted that their farm system is loaded. Like Mackey and Judd were saying a few minutes ago Toronto is going for it and the reality is there is a chance none of these guys make you regret getting a year plus out of Berrios if he walks. They pulled up the Twins top prospects from A couple years they could have made deals. Matt Garza was untouchable. Honestly I don't even remember anyone on those lists from either year that became even an average starting MLB player for the Twins.

Monster, take a look at jester's post. He's got a friend in the Jays organization, and he said these two were their two best prospects.
FNG

Post by FNG »

monsterpile wrote:Robles to the Red Sox for Alex Scherff. Looks like Buxton is staying as well as Pineda.

Another great deal, it looks like...Scherff has pretty good stats!

Monster, why do you think Buck is staying? Everything I read is that things are heating up.
Monster

Post by Monster »

FNG wrote:
monsterpile wrote:Robles to the Red Sox for Alex Scherff. Looks like Buxton is staying as well as Pineda.

Another great deal, it looks like...Scherff has pretty good stats!

Monster, why do you think Buck is staying? Everything I read is that things are heating up.

Buxton I just meant he wasn't moved at the deadline. He certainly could get moved this offseason.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

FNG wrote:
Jester1534 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
jester1534 wrote:

Simeon Woods-Richardson
Jon Ryan
Jhoan Duran
Jordy Blaze
Matt Canterino

I honestly don't know anything about him.

So here what Dan Hayes says

A second-round pick in 2018, Woods Richardson has struggled this season despite striking out 13.3 batters per nine innings. The right-hander is also walking 5.2 batters per nine innings and has a 5.76 ERA in 11 Double-A starts.

Even so, Woods Richardson has climbed from MLB Pipeline's No. 87 prospect to 68 this season.

Sounds like if his control comes around he's filthy.

Great deadline day for the boys. Essentially they gave up one year of Berrios (because year is done no matter what they do) and First round draft pick because the QO.

For the Number 12 and 68 prospect in baseball.

I believe Twins are paying happ salary but man to even get two bodies for him is incredible lol. Maybe the cardinals stats haven't updated to this year yet.

My guess is the will extend Buxton and Pineda