Around the League - '24-25 Season

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Re: Around the League - '24-25 Season

Post by Lipoli390 »

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/404 ... d-way-team

I have nothing against Bronny James. I have no objection to the Lakers drafting him in the 2nd round and I think it’s cool to have a rare father-son combo on an NBA team. But please don’t tell me he EARNED a regular roster spot. How can JJ Red Dick and the Lakers front office be taken seriously after that sort or BS. The whole world knows they’re lying.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

Lipoli390 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:45 pm https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/404 ... d-way-team

I have nothing against Bronny James. I have no objection to the Lakers drafting him in the 2nd round and I think it’s cool to have a rare father-son combo on an NBA team. But please don’t tell me he EARNED a regular roster spot. How can JJ Red Dick and the Lakers front office be taken seriously after that sort or BS. The whole world knows they’re lying.

It is all about $. They do not care that they're not competing or that Bronny isn't good yet. The owners will make so much money off of this, good or bad "bronny", that it doesn't matter. Then add the attention JJiReDdick will have this year.

The world we live in has been lying since the turn of the 19th century. Look it up.

Greed will be the downfall of all.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Lipoli390 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:45 pm https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/404 ... d-way-team

It's good for the Wolves in that it's a Western Conference franchise that seems less interested in competing for a title and more interested in furthering it's brand via the LeBron/Bronny relationship and fashionable JJ Redick hiring.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Q-is-here wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:04 pm

It's good for the Wolves in that it's a Western Conference franchise that seems less interested in competing for a title and more interested in furthering it's brand via the LeBron/Bronny relationship and fashionable JJ Redick hiring.
I used to like JJ quite a bit but it seemed the bit I have seen of him the last couple years it's seems like he has become one of the media. He might be a good head coach I don't know but they have hired a couple very experience coaches to help him out.

I read the quote somewhat differently. They were saying (replying to this being given to him) that Bronny worked hard for this opportunity which is likely true that he has worked hard. Was this an opportunity based on merit? No and everybody knows that. What were they supposed to say we think this guy kinda sucks but we drafted him because...well you already know. If Bronny makes it somehow then props to that dude (and maybe the Lakers developing him) because about the only guys in this draft class that have more pressure on them are probably the top couple picks.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Monster wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:12 pm

I used to like JJ quite a bit but it seemed the bit I have seen of him the last couple years it's seems like he has become one of the media. He might be a good head coach I don't know but they have hired a couple very experience coaches to help him out.

I read the quote somewhat differently. They were saying (replying to this being given to him) that Bronny worked hard for this opportunity which is likely true that he has worked hard. Was this an opportunity based on merit? No and everybody knows that. What were they supposed to say we think this guy kinda sucks but we drafted him because...well you already know. If Bronny makes it somehow then props to that dude (and maybe the Lakers developing him) because about the only guys in this draft class that have more pressure on them are probably the top couple picks.
It was political gibberish. Everyone works hard. JJ and Rob said they didn’t give Bronny anything. Yes they did. They gave him a roster spot that no other player with Bronny’s track record would get. What were they supposed to say? Maybe the truth - something like: “LeBron has given so much to this Laker franchise that we feel we thought giving his son this shot was the right thing to do if Bronny worked for it. He worked his tail off and that impressed us. So now we’re going to make history with the first father-son pairing in NBA history. Let’s enjoy the moment.”
Sundog

Post by Sundog »

Cam Payne to the Knicks, 1yr $3.1 million
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Lipoli390 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:51 am
Monster wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:12 pm

It was political gibberish. Everyone works hard. JJ and Rob said they didn’t give Bronny anything. Yes they did. They gave him a roster spot that no other player with Bronny’s track record would get. What were they supposed to say? Maybe the truth - something like: “LeBron has given so much to this Laker franchise that we feel we thought giving his son this shot was the right thing to do if Bronny worked for it. He worked his tail off and that impressed us. So now we’re going to make history with the first father-son pairing in NBA history. Let’s enjoy the moment.”
That's a very good counterproposal way of putting it Lip - truthful, yet diplomatic. Instead they've come up with a charade and it's actually embarrassing for Bronny he's so clearly inferior. Heck, even ESPN couldn't maintain the charade anymore and had a Bronny air-ball 3 featured among some of their SL video clips. I think even they started to blush after posting clips of Bronny with the tagline "Watch Bronny get back on defense!".
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Gary Trent Jr. just signed with the Bucks for the vet minimum. He was willing to take less to play for a contender, although it’s a pretty steep climb to get over the Celtics, Sixers and Knicks. It’s also reported that he wanted to reunite with Lillard, but that story line seems a bit lame.

This signing raises the following question in my mind: Would the Wolves have been better off signing Trent Jr. instead of Joe Ingles at the vet minimum? Maybe the Wolves tried and he wasn’t interested because he wanted to play with Lillard, but that seems odd. We’ll never know. I like Ingles, but I think I’d rather have the 25 year old Trent Jr. over the soon-to-be 37 year old Ingles. Nevertheless, I could go either way. Ingles brings a certain toughness that I like. And he has a connection to Rudy and Mike Conley that I like as well.
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

The consensus first pick that went 2nd in the draft Alex Sarr shot 0-15 yesterday.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Lipoli390 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:35 pm Gary Trent Jr. just signed with the Bucks for the vet minimum. He was willing to take less to play for a contender, although it’s a pretty steep climb to get over the Celtics, Sixers and Knicks. It’s also reported that he wanted to reunite with Lillard, but that story line seems a bit lame.

This signing raises the following question in my mind: Would the Wolves have been better off signing Trent Jr. instead of Joe Ingles at the vet minimum? Maybe the Wolves tried and he wasn’t interested because he wanted to play with Lillard, but that seems odd. We’ll never know. I like Ingles, but I think I’d rather have the 25 year old Trent Jr. over the soon-to-be 37 year old Ingles. Nevertheless, I could go either way. Ingles brings a certain toughness that I like. And he has a connection to Rudy and Mike Conley that I like as well.
He likely picked the Bucks because he is going to be the starting SG or at absolute worse 6th man. He is going to play a lot and be able to build his value in a way he wouldn't have elsewhere especially with the Wolves. The Bucks really had a nice off-season getting Prince, Wright and Trent Jr all for the vet min.

I'm a big fan of Trent Jr but the Wolves needed a guy that was more of a SF and Ingles brings more playmaking. Ingles fits the roster needs better but obviously it would have been nice to add a good young player like Gary Trent Jr but the Wolves simply didn't have the opportunity the Bucks had. I don't know his game that well but my guess is he is going to be a legit upgrade on both sides of the ball at starting SG for the Bucks over Malik Beasley.