Around the League - '24-25 Season

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Q-is-here

Around the League - '24-25 Season

Post by Q-is-here »

Lakers are apparently preparing a huge offer to Dan Hurley. I certainly didn't see that one coming. It sounds like LeBron is a fan of his offensive schemes, but my question is how will Hurley's fiery personality and attention to detail sustain itself over the course of an 82-game season with a bunch of multi-millionaire vets, some of whom are way too jaded to respond much to pep talks at this point.
Sundog

Re: Around the League - '24-25 Season

Post by Sundog »

Saw that! What happened to the JJ Redick rumors? Wild swing of events there.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Sundog wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:15 am Saw that! What happened to the JJ Redick rumors? Wild swing of events there.
Who knows what happened. A lot of analysts though were questioning why a team that is "all in" (and the Lakers have to be, considering the age of their stars) would take a chance on a guy who has never coached above the kid level. Hurley makes more sense. LeBron has tweeted positive comments about Hurley in the past, and we can be assured he was consulted on this move.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

FNG wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:20 am
Sundog wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:15 am Saw that! What happened to the JJ Redick rumors? Wild swing of events there.
Who knows what happened. A lot of analysts though were questioning why a team that is "all in" (and the Lakers have to be, considering the age of their stars) would take a chance on a guy who has never coached above the kid level. Hurley makes more sense. LeBron has tweeted positive comments about Hurley in the past, and we can be assured he was consulted on this move.
Yeah, Redick sounded so Lakers-esque in terms of getting a brand name, regardless of the lack of coaching track record. So I am somewhat impressed at the Hurley news because I don't think this is just a splash for LeBron's sake.

(having said that, players deservedly get far more credit for winning titles than coaches do. If he built a dynasty at UConn he'd get 100% of the credit...that's not necessarily the case in the NBA).
davemang

Post by davemang »

I feel like the redick stuff was largely shams chariana, who has been on a downward trend in terms of making shit up every since he’s been heavily sponsored by draft kings (jj is also sponsored by draft kings)
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

For some reason, the Redick stuff never hit home for me. Maybe it was the obvious LeBron ties that seemed TOO obvious for it to work. Or maybe that Redick can basically write his own ticket in whatever venture he wants right now... so why settle for a short-timer gig?

As for Hurley, I agree with Q that I'm interested to see how a Hurley handles an NBA locker room.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

Boston is SMOKING the Mavs wow
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Smart move by Hurley. The NCAA is a coach's league. The NBA is a player's league.
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

[Sidery] Kevon Looney will likely be released by the Warriors to save money on their tax bill, per @timkawakami

Also rumors they may release CP3, granted they are in a worse position than us in the salary cap and record/chances of winning, but if Golden State is cutting players to save money on the luxury tax that doesn't bode well.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

Mikal Bridges to NYK for FOUR unprotected 1st, another protected 1st, a pick swap, a second rounder and Bojan Bogdanovic.

And they think we overpaid for Rudy Gobert.