2024 Summer League

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
60WinTim

Re: 2024 Summer League

Post by 60WinTim »

When are these guys gonna get together to prepare for Summer League?!?

The info coming from the Wolves thus far has been zippo. Even our local reporters have gone silent.

But we just go our first piece of info this morning. The tweet started out "News: Jaylen Clark Injury Update", and you had to click it to find out what the update was. Needless to say, my pessimistic side expected a setback. But low and behold, Jaylen has been cleared for all on-court activity and will participate in Summer League!

Hopefully this is the tip of the iceberg for info on the Wolves Summer League team...
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Wolves summer league team announced

I know Gabe Kalscher, Tyler Whal and Wieskamp from B10 ball. I know a lot about Kalscher and Whal

https://x.com/twolveslead/status/180996 ... _u6IL2a9cQ
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Looking at the “others” on the summer league roster I’m intrigued by Nadir Hifi. 21 year old guard from France. Average 16/2/2.5 on 47/38/90 splits (around that on splits). Was the France breakout player of the year, was the last cut from the French National team and online France people are saying he gets buckets
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Assuming our 4 players with a roster spot start, who is the 5th starter? One would think it would be a two-way player, either Clark or Edwards.

Really looking forward to seeing these guys play!
Monster

Post by Monster »

If I remember right Yat was a guy that started to get more regular minutes in Iowa and was doing some positive things. He might be a guy that’s 2 years away from being 2 years away and has had injury issues but he looks super long and has a 45” vertical.

Jaedon LeDee had a huge breakout season as a 5th year senior. Not sure where he would fit for the Wolves but he might be a guy to watch in terms of getting minutes.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

60WinTim wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:34 am Assuming our 4 players with a roster spot start, who is the 5th starter? One would think it would be a two-way player, either Clark or Edwards.

Really looking forward to seeing these guys play!
I want to see this:

Dillingham
Shannon
Minott
Miller
Edwards

With Clark and Nadir as the 6th/7th man

Or

Dillingham
Clark
Shannon
Minott
Edwards

With Miller and Nadir as the 6th/7th man

Miller I don't really care to see too much as he's not position versatile. He projects as a stretch PF through and through. I just hope to see a lot of improvement.

I'm very excited about the following:

To see how Dillingham plays with everybody, but especially how he and Clark play together in the backcourt.

Shannon's difference in abilities guarding at the 2/3.

Minott's viability at both ends at the 3 and 4.

Edward's low post foundation at C, ability to defend on the perimeter if switched, and pick and roll action on offense.

Seeing what Nadir has and hoping he shows enough to sign here.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Summer League officially kicked off yesterday (the "California Classic") and as expected, Bronny's debut is splashed all over the place as the biggest deal since the Celtics won the title. What a momentous occasion!

Bronny was 2-9 in 22 minutes with 2 rebounds and 2 assists and was a team-worst -15 in a loss to Sacramento. Mmmm, doesn't look too unlike a typical stat line of his while at USC!

I have nothing against Bronny, but if his Dad truly wanted Bronny to carve out his own path as he's stated, he would have explicitly told Lakers management not to draft him, as it's obvious to everyone there is only one reason he was drafted at all.

I guess I shouldn't be too upset. With the drafting of Bronny and the Lakers hitching their wagon to LeBron with a new 2-year deal, they seem more concerned about continuing to get glowing ESPN coverage and clickbait than actually making a deep playoff run. And that's good for the Wolves.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Q-is-here wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:26 pm Summer League officially kicked off yesterday (the "California Classic") and as expected, Bronny's debut is splashed all over the place as the biggest deal since the Celtics won the title. What a momentous occasion!

Bronny was 2-9 in 22 minutes with 2 rebounds and 2 assists and was a team-worst -15 in a loss to Sacramento. Mmmm, doesn't look too unlike a typical stat line of his while at USC!

I have nothing against Bronny, but if his Dad truly wanted Bronny to carve out his own path as he's stated, he would have explicitly told Lakers management not to draft him, as it's obvious to everyone there is only one reason he was drafted at all.

I guess I shouldn't be too upset. With the drafting of Bronny and the Lakers hitching their wagon to LeBron with a new 2-year deal, they seem more concerned about continuing to get glowing ESPN coverage and clickbait than actually making a deep playoff run. And that's good for the Wolves.
Good post.

I have nothing against Bronny either and the Media is gonna go crazy because...well it's easy to go ahead and cover that one in some ways I can't even blame them even though it's annoying.

One thing I'll say for the Lakers is they have had quite a bit of success of finding hidden gems later in the draft, undrafted and various reclamation projects of younger players often in the "second draft" category coming off their rookie deals. Maybe it's not such a bad place to land for Bronny. He was probably gonna get quite a bit of coverage wherever he went might as well just have all of it. Lol
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Couple of small nuggets of info trickling out from Wolves summer league camp:

- Jaylen Clark is fully cleared to play 5-on-5 and has been going pretty hard since around April. He was very clear that his intent in Summer League is to show that he's the best defender out there. He said he can guard 1-5 in Summer League easily, but wouldn't go so far as to make the same claim against actual NBA competition. Love it - this guy is a dog defensively. Now can he knock down the wide open 3? That will be the difference between becoming the next NAW or Josh Okogie.

- Chris Hines (Wolves assistant coach, not to be confused with beat writer Chris Hine) said the key to success for Josh Minott is can he guard guys one on one. He said he's a good off ball and weakside defender, but needs to prove he can contain opponents one on one. Nothing new there!

- There is some buzz around us picking up Nadir Hifi, a guard that played professionally in the French league last year and did quite well.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

- There is some buzz around us picking up Nadir Hifi, a guard that played professionally in the French league last year and did quite well.
Well, he is definitely on our Summer League team. Sure could be an audition for our last two-way contract. Having seen pro-ball over in Europe, he would add some depth to our "PG room" for the regular season.