2024 Summer League

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
60WinTim

2024 Summer League

Post by 60WinTim »

The initial list of players has come out from Dane:

Jaylen Clark, Leonard Miller, Josh Minott, Daishen Nix, Rob Dillingham and Terrence Shannon Jr. will all play in Summer League for the Wolves, per assistant GM Matt Lloyd.

Matteo Spagnolo will not play, as he's rehabbing an injury overseas.

And Doogie added:

Former Lakeville North and #Badgers forward Tyler Wahl will play Summer League for the hometown #Timberwolves, per his agents Sam Cipriano & Keith Kreiter of Edge Sports.
Monster

Re: 2024 Summer League

Post by Monster »

Kinda interesting that Nix is still gonna be around.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Monster wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:58 pm Kinda interesting that Nix is still gonna be around.
I'm fine with Nix. He's young, cheap and showed something last preseason. He had a great G League before we signed him, but was only so-so last year. I blame Wendell Moore and our GLeague coach must really suck as I thought we had the makings of a good team last year and was disappointed to see we were near worst in the league. I'm fine with Nix unless we can sign TyTy who was brilliant last year in G League.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

60WinTim wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:32 pm The initial list of players has come out from Dane:

Jaylen Clark, Leonard Miller, Josh Minott, Daishen Nix, Rob Dillingham and Terrence Shannon Jr. will all play in Summer League for the Wolves, per assistant GM Matt Lloyd.

Matteo Spagnolo will not play, as he's rehabbing an injury overseas.

And Doogie added:

Former Lakeville North and #Badgers forward Tyler Wahl will play Summer League for the hometown #Timberwolves, per his agents Sam Cipriano & Keith Kreiter of Edge Sports.
After drafting Dillingham, I don't know that we ever will see Spags on the Wolves and I'm fine with that. We never got to see Henk Norel.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

We got our big signed to a two-way!

Ethan Bock: West Virginia center Jesse Edwards has signed a two-way deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves, he confirmed.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

60WinTim wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:41 pm We got our big signed to a two-way!

Ethan Bock: West Virginia center Jesse Edwards has signed a two-way deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves, he confirmed.
After watching some highlights and looking at the stats, he's just the guy you want to help your team learn how to play with Rudy! :D
Monster

Post by Monster »

60WinTim wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:02 pm
60WinTim wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:41 pm We got our big signed to a two-way!

After watching some highlights and looking at the stats, he's just the guy you want to help your team learn how to play with Rudy! :D
He is big. Also seems kinda awkward at times. It makes sense that they add a true center type so they got one. Statistically the last 2 years he was at Cuse his block and steal numbers were pretty good. What matters to me is whether he can defend and that's likely about his mental ability than anything physical.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Matt Lloyd also indicated some current Iowa Wolves would be on our Summer League team as well, although he didn't say who.
Sundog

Post by Sundog »

Any intel on who might coach the summer league wolves? I hope they assign a serious coach and not try to half-ass it again.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Sundog wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:02 am Any intel on who might coach the summer league wolves? I hope they assign a serious coach and not try to half-ass it again.
That was announced somewhere in the last few days/week: Chris Hines, who is a player development coach. He has been credited for working a lot with ANT's development, so I am hopeful he can do a good job at Summer League. (I believe last year's coach was Max Lefevre)

On another note: Ernest Scott was our Iowa Wolves head coach last year. What a disaster that team was. I sure hope a new coach is named this year!