Wolvesfan21

Re: Fleck

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Big game in 2 weeks. :thumb:
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

WolvesFan21 wrote:Big game in 2 weeks. :thumb:

It would be the biggest Gopher win in my lifetime.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Heck of a season for the Gophers.

Meanwhile here in Lincoln people are pretty disappointed because their got their expectations for the Huskers This season way too high.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

monsterpile wrote:Heck of a season for the Gophers.

Meanwhile here in Lincoln people are pretty disappointed because their got their expectations for the Huskers This season way too high.

How soon before the Fleck will leave talk will start?

I would love to see someone ask Jerry Kill for his comments. I am sure he would say how he is the one that should be getting the credit here and MN treated him poorly.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:Heck of a season for the Gophers.

How soon before the Fleck will leave talk will start?

I would love to see someone ask Jerry Kill for his comments. I am sure he would say how he is the one that should be getting the credit here and MN treated him poorly.

To me the question is what kind of job would make Fleck Consider leaving? I think it would have to be a big time program. I'm biased but I think MN is a pretty good spot to build up a legit program. The reality is though they have actually done anything that special yet. They should absolutely get their due but they need to beat someone that's actually pretty good to arrive and then they need to have a 2nd good season to show it was real. Then the talk can begin. The good news is that IF Fleck left he would likely have raised the program to a level where the type of coach you would get is higher than in the past. I think NE and MN both could be building big time sports programs where the younger coaches from the various sports might feed off each other in a good way and keep them all there for quite a while with sustained success. That's my hope for both programs anyway.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

I don't see Fleck as an NFL HC, just based on his style. So he would only go to top end places that could offer more money. Maybe a place like Michigan if they fired Harbaugh (depending on how this season finishes). I'm sure some other places could pony up too, maybe a Tennessee.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

I don't see him taking another BigTen job. Maybe Norte Dame or USC or SEC.

I don't see him as an NFL guy either.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I don't see him taking another BigTen job. Maybe Norte Dame or USC or SEC.

I don't see him as an NFL guy either.

I agree he isn't an NFL guy plus if he has success in college he can probably make more money year after year. I agree I don't think he would jump to another Big 10 team. I've heard a few people that seem to really know what they are talking about saying USC is not a place anyone wants to go because that program has some issues.

Did anyone see Fleck was playing goalie with the gopher hockey team today? Kind fun and humorous stuff.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

I saw that. Good stuff. What happened to all the people saying he was Brewster 2.0?

USC is a mess for sure. I am not sure where they are with an AD, but not sure how you fix the mess they have right now.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

Interesting read on Tanner Morgan.

https://www.skornorth.com/gophers-2/2019/10/from-kentucky-to-minnesota-gophers-qb-tanner-morgans-first-love-was-football/