News from the farm

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
bleedspeed

Re: News from the farm

Post by bleedspeed »

Baddoo was not a guy I was expecting to see on the list, but honestly a guy with power, speed, and ability to walk in CF would be a good player to have.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Baddoo was not a guy I was expecting to see on the list, but honestly a guy with power, speed, and ability to walk in CF would be a good player to have.

It's worth mentioning that these guys (or other prospects) can be pieces in making future deals. Roy Smalley has been harping in this point for almost 2 years now on his podcast that the Twins farm system just didn't have the bodies to make the deals to get better and still have young players left. It might now adding players at the trade deadline and a possible good draft along with some top level guys making VERY encouraging progress. It's gonna be an interesting offseason of what guys they prioritize on the 40 man roster.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

That is a great point even though I am more excited about building from within.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

longstrangetrip wrote:
monsterpile wrote:Some pretty eye popping numbers at the plate so far for this guy.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/08/02/second-rounder-ryan-jeffers-laying-quick-claim-to-twins-catcher-of-the-future/

Good numbers indeed...surprising he's not mentioned in the Twins top 30 prospects.

I hope it works out, but Ben Rortveldt may also be good. They need something in this regard. Love Austidillo, but Wyston Sawyer is older and Chatt. seems to be lacking there.