Wolves at Nuggets R2G2

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Q-is-here

Re: Wolves at Nuggets R2G2

Post by Q-is-here »

BloopOracle wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm Apparently his flight is still delayed, you've got to be kidding me
Mmmm, me thinks Denver air traffic control is up to some gamesmanship!

I mean, what a crazy situation for the Wolves over the last few months, weeks, and days:

- KAT gets hurt and is out for an extended stretch. Team rallies around Ant, plays a bunch of pure PGs, and figures out how to run an offense without the ball getting sticky and turning it over a bunch. Growth ensues.

- Ownership imbroglio and public airing of grievances just as we are completing one of the best seasons in franchise history. The timing couldn't be worse, yet Finchie and Co. stay on task.

- Get swept by the Suns in the regular season, including the last game, and fall to the third seed. Then have to play the Suns in Round 1 in what was predicted to be a poor matchup for the Wolves by most pundits.

- Get a much-needed week off between end of regular season and beginning of playoffs. Finchie and Co. hit the drawing board and get a ton of prep time for Phoenix.

- Sweep Phoenix in decisive fashion, much to the surprise of everyone, even those that picked the Wolves.

- In final minutes of Game 4 against Suns, Finch gets badly hurt, putting him in jeopardy for the Denver series.

- Team gets nearly another week between games after sweeping Phoenix, go back to the drawing board to prep for Denver and figure out how Finch can be on the sidelines.

- Ant goes bonkers in Game 1 against Denver, the defense holds up, and Minnesota takes game 1 in Denver. NBA media intelligentsia going ga-ga over Ant.

- Rudy hustles back to Minnesota after Game 1 for birth of child, now trying desperately to get back for Game 2. Status TBD.

- To be continued......
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

thedoper wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:55 pm
Coolbreeze44 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:44 pm I'm torn on this. I was in the delivery room for all 3 of my girls. But if I had an event to attend of this magnitude, my wife would have insisted I go to the event instead of being in the delivery room. She would have made the choice, not I.
I share the sentiment and believe my wife would have done the same. That being said I can't blame a wife for insisting her husband be there regardless of income or profession.
Rudy also expresses how much being a father is important to him because his father didn’t care about him
davemang

Post by davemang »

kekgeek wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:09 pm
Coolbreeze44 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:44 pm I'm torn on this. I was in the delivery room for all 3 of my girls. But if I had an event to attend of this magnitude, my wife would have insisted I go to the event instead of being in the delivery room. She would have made the choice, not I.
I share the sentiment and believe my wife would have done the same. That being said I can't blame a wife for insisting her husband be there regardless of income or profession.
Rudy also expresses how much being a father is important to him because his father didn’t care about him
Also his SO could have a medical history that makes it a higher risk pregnancy (and even without markers, pregnancies can turn dangerous in a heartbeat, especially unknown with first time mothers) so he might want want to be there to support his SO in the event that a serious medical decision needs to be made.

The real lesson is that in the nba you never pull the goalie until at least November
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Is he going to make it?
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

davemang wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:14 pm
kekgeek wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:09 pm

Also his SO could have a medical history that makes it a higher risk pregnancy (and even without markers, pregnancies can turn dangerous in a heartbeat, especially unknown with first time mothers) so he might want want to be there to support his SO in the event that a serious medical decision needs to be made.

The real lesson is that in the nba you never pull the goalie until at least November
Nice. Maybe that should be in the contract?
FNG

Post by FNG »

Wolvesfan21 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:24 pm Is he going to make it?
Jester’s tracker says it he plane landed in Denver about 90 minutes ago. Depending on traffic (which Q is in charge of), he should be at the arena by now!
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Gobert is out. Dane Moore just tweeted per Finch.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Luka Garza time. Use those 6 fouls wisely
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Welp, that certainly gives the game a different dynamic. I still wouldn't count the Wolves out.

An interesting angle is that if Denver wins, it's gotta be in their minds they did it with no Gobert. Mind games!
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

FNG wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:35 pm
Wolvesfan21 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:24 pm Is he going to make it?
Jester’s tracker says it he plane landed in Denver about 90 minutes ago. Depending on traffic (which Q is in charge of), he should be at the arena by now!
The plane never left (you can see that it still says "scheduled"). Dammit! Congrats to Rudy, but dammit this is a big loss for us tonight.