Westbrook to sign with the nuggets, following a buy out
Coolbreeze44

Re: Around the League - '24-25 Season

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Point Ant can only be effective for short stretches
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Sundog wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:20 pm Westbrook to sign with the nuggets, following a buy out
That’s a good pickup for Denver. I’ve always like Westbrook. I love his competitiveness. He was a triple-double machine in his prime and I think unfairly maligned by many. I’m not sure what he has left in his tank, but I don’t think the take is empty by any stretch.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Monster wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:55 am
Lipoli390 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:35 pm Gary Trent Jr. just signed with the Bucks for the vet minimum. He was willing to take less to play for a contender, although it’s a pretty steep climb to get over the Celtics, Sixers and Knicks. It’s also reported that he wanted to reunite with Lillard, but that story line seems a bit lame.

This signing raises the following question in my mind: Would the Wolves have been better off signing Trent Jr. instead of Joe Ingles at the vet minimum? Maybe the Wolves tried and he wasn’t interested because he wanted to play with Lillard, but that seems odd. We’ll never know. I like Ingles, but I think I’d rather have the 25 year old Trent Jr. over the soon-to-be 37 year old Ingles. Nevertheless, I could go either way. Ingles brings a certain toughness that I like. And he has a connection to Rudy and Mike Conley that I like as well.
He likely picked the Bucks because he is going to be the starting SG or at absolute worse 6th man. He is going to play a lot and be able to build his value in a way he wouldn't have elsewhere especially with the Wolves. The Bucks really had a nice off-season getting Prince, Wright and Trent Jr all for the vet min.

I'm a big fan of Trent Jr but the Wolves needed a guy that was more of a SF and Ingles brings more playmaking. Ingles fits the roster needs better but obviously it would have been nice to add a good young player like Gary Trent Jr but the Wolves simply didn't have the opportunity the Bucks had. I don't know his game that well but my guess is he is going to be a legit upgrade on both sides of the ball at starting SG for the Bucks over Malik Beasley.
I think you’re probably right. This was a really nice move by the Bucks. He’ll help them a lot.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Lipoli390 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:50 pm
Sundog wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:20 pm Westbrook to sign with the nuggets, following a buy out
That’s a good pickup for Denver. I’ve always like Westbrook. I love his competitiveness. He was a triple-double machine in his prime and I think unfairly maligned by many. I’m not sure what he has left in his tank, but I don’t think the take is empty by any stretch.
For the vet min he can still help a team if they understand his limitations. I think he will ultimately be an upgrade over Reggie Jackson.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Vit Krejci coming off a 2-way deal signed a 4 year deal with Atlanta the first year fully guaranteed and the second partially guaranteed. He put up some really nice shooting numbers in his 22 games (14 starts!) with the hawks last season. G-league...not so much. It will be interesting to see if he ends up becoming an actual NBA rotation player or not.
Sundog

Post by Sundog »

The suns are signing all of our fav PGs… TyTy on a two way there
Monster

Post by Monster »

Gordon Hayward retires. That's both surprising and not surprising. He seems like a guy that could still play and help a team but he may not have had interest in playing for the vet min and fighting for minutes. That's a different role and not every player does well transitioning to that role. It also gives other players a chance at an NBA roster spot.

He has made over 270 million so it's not like he probably needs the money. In addition I could see him being a guy that wouldn't have too hard of a time finding a spot making some money in the sport as a coach etc or in broadcasting.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Sundog wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:56 am The suns are signing all of our fav PGs… TyTy on a two way there
It's kinda wild but Nix is a few months younger than TyTy.

Suns now have these PGs new to their roster

Tyus
Morris
Gillespie
TyTy

That's almost as many guys on their roster over 6'8". They must have some faith in Oso Ighodaro to be able to play if needed. I heard Lip laughed at his 8'8.5" standing reach during summer league and hurt his feelings.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

I love what the Suns did this offseason. I advocated for the Wolves to trade for and sign Tyus Jones (as well as not letting him leave as I wanted no part of DLO), Monte Morris and TyTy in multiple prior posts and all three are at a minimum deal.