Windhorst: Sam Mitchell won't be returning

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Re: Windhorst: Sam Mitchell won't be returning

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

monsterpile wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:On the eve of the Butler meeting with Thibs/Leydon, it's fun to look back on this long thread where we discussed the Mitchell dismissal, who should replace him, and a final diversion into vinyl/turntables and the untimely Prince death.

I'm hoping that tomorrow's meeting ends up surprising us and Butler pledges his allegiance to the Wolves long-term. More likely, he tells T/L that he will be leaving at the end of the season because of his unhappiness with this franchise. This inevitably leads to a terrible season, a mid-season Thibs' firing, and this hapless franchise once again looking for the "right coach". My position remains the same as it was 2 years ago...this failed franchise needs stability more than anything else, and Thibs was exactly the wrong choice to achieve this goal.

Ditto!

LST do you remember the options discussed in this thread for hiring a head coach and front office? I'm curious how they have done assuming they have been employed by a team.

Ha, it's a long thread so there must be 40-50 names in here! A lot of the usual suspects of retread NBA coaches (including Thibs, of course), and several young college coaches...some of whom have excelled since this thread and one in particular who is no longer coaching (Ollie). In retrospect it seems that this board wouldn't be so discouraged right now (with a few exceptions) if we had hired one of the many suggestions in this thread.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

I never liked Mitchell as a head coach, too damn grumpy all the time. Funny that Glenn found somebody that makes Sam look like a happy go lucky dude! Sam should just stick to dancing, it makes him look like a loveable guy!
Monster

Post by Monster »

TheSP wrote:I never liked Mitchell as a head coach, too damn grumpy all the time. Funny that Glenn found somebody that makes Sam look like a happy go lucky dude! Sam should just stick to dancing, it makes him look like a loveable guy!

It's kinda funny in some ways because Sam and ThiBs are complete opposites in a lot of ways. Sam would just run his mouth often saying stupid stuff and was a complete jerk at times to media. Thibs says the same stuff typically in a measured tone and often boring. Sam isn't boring. Lol let's not forget Thorpe trashes Mitchell on a few different levels blaming him for Kevin Martin losing his love for the game. Both guys have a pretty solid rep of being stubborn so they have that in commmon. :)