Might as well talk draft....

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Re: Might as well talk draft....

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1325902459810639872?s=21

Boy I just don't understand why the hype is so high on Ball especially after hearing his in person interviews were a mixed bag.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

khans2k5 wrote:https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1325902459810639872?s=21

Boy I just don't understand why the hype is so high on Ball especially after hearing his in person interviews were a mixed bag.

It's werid and the only scenario I'll be pissed at. ESPN Kevin Pelton ranked him #1 also.

Also there were reports yesterday the Wolves are taking Wiseman. It's draft season for sure
Monster

Post by Monster »

kekgeek1 wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1325902459810639872?s=21

It's werid and the only scenario I'll be pissed at. ESPN Kevin Pelton ranked him #1 also.

Also there were reports yesterday the Wolves are taking Wiseman. It's draft season for sure

I felt totally out of the loop listening to that podcast. What I still think is that this draft is all over the place and I also think teams are trying to put out a lot of misinformation. I'm curious about the supposed "a lot" the Wolves have been offered for #1. Do people really believe that there are all these teams that are all in on Ball? I'm not sure about that. IF it's really true that teams are willing to give up a lot to move up that interests me. I'm not convinced. Thanks for sharing the podcast Kahns.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I can see a scenario where LaMelo Ball falls out of the lottery entirely. So, do I think the Wolves will straight up take him first overall?

No.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Camden0916 wrote:I can see a scenario where LaMelo Ball falls out of the lottery entirely. So, do I think the Wolves will straight up take him first overall?

No.

Oh i hope so. Watching him and his dad sit in in the front row and get passed...ah damn covid!!
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

I get the hype. Ball is a 6'7" PG with a great handle and tremendous passing skills. He's very young and has already played against professional players. He's also a big, albeit controversial, name who can attract media attention and help put fans in seats. I don't blame any team or draft analyst for giving minimal weight to a interviews.

Having said all that, I wouldn't take him with one of the top 3 picks. And that's not because of his interviews. It's because of his 25% three-point percentage, his terrible defensive, which includes an lack of any interest in playing defense, his horrific shooting form and tendency to jack up dumb contested shots. Then there's the added drama that comes with Daddy Ball. Yet, I can see some teams looking past those issues and focusing almost entirely on Ball's enticing combination of size and skills along with his flare. I will be really down on Rosas if the Wolves turn out to be one of those teams. Talking Ball with the top pick would be a terrible mistake in my view unless they're picking him for another team in exchange highly valuable assets or an NBA star.
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:

I get the hype. Ball is a 6'7" PG with a great handle and tremendous passing skills. He's very young and has already played against professional players. He's also a big, albeit controversial, name who can attract media attention and help put fans in seats. I don't blame any team or draft analyst for giving minimal weight to a interviews.

Having said all that, I wouldn't take him with one of the top 3 picks. And that's not because of his interviews. It's because of his 25% three-point percentage, his terrible defensive, which includes an lack of any interest in playing defense, his horrific shooting form and tendency to jack up dumb contested shots. Then there's the added drama that comes with Daddy Ball. Yet, I can see some teams looking past those issues and focusing almost entirely on Ball's enticing combination of size and skills along with his flare. I will be really down on Rosas if the Wolves turn out to be one of those teams. Talking Ball with the top pick would be a terrible mistake in my view unless they're picking him for another team in exchange highly valuable assets or an NBA star.

You know the worst thing I heard in this podcast was the draft express guys said they didn't think Edwards was in good shape for one other workouts they watched. They said he was huffing and puffing pretty good after just a couple minutes. They brought up the Wiggins comp. They also said he was inconsistent in terms of the type of energy he brings as a person. One day he is really engaged showing personality the next...not much. Yikes.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

monsterpile wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:

You know the worst thing I heard in this podcast was the draft express guys said they didn't think Edwards was in good shape for one other workouts they watched. They said he was huffing and puffing pretty good after just a couple minutes. They brought up the Wiggins comp. They also said he was inconsistent in terms of the type of energy he brings as a person. One day he is really engaged showing personality the next...not much. Yikes.

Yeah, Monster, those are troubling red flags associated with Edwards. The more I read and hear, the more convinced I am that Wiseman is the clear choice at #1 and the only one among the top three I'd be inclined to draft AND keep. As I see it, the Wolves should either draft Wiseman and keep him, or trade down in a pre-arraigned deal to get high quality assets in addition to a player they really like with the lower pick they get in return. Okongwu remains at the top of my trade-down list, but I also like Deni, Halliburton, Vassell and Patrick Williams. I like Toppin too, but adding another defensively challenged player through the draft seems problematic.
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:

Yeah, Monster, those are troubling red flags associated with Edwards. The more I read and hear, the more convinced I am that Wiseman is the clear choice at #1 and the only one among the top three I'd be inclined to draft AND keep. As I see it, the Wolves should either draft Wiseman and keep him, or trade down in a pre-arraigned deal to get high quality assets in addition to a player they really like with the lower pick they get in return. Okongwu remains at the top of my trade-down list, but I also like Deni, Halliburton, Vassell and Patrick Williams. I like Toppin too, but adding another defensively challenged player through the draft seems problematic.

Yep I'm pretty much right with you. I'll say this...I haven't kept up with this draft like I have with others and it's been super drawn out because of the pandemic but...I think there is a TON of noise out there. I think some teams are a little uncertain about how they feel about some guys but I'm guessing there is much more league consensus about some guys especially wiseman than what media types know. I think a number of media folks get more wrapped up in the modern NBA and certain "fit" things than Media etc do.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Edwards on the undefeated today said he wants to be taken #1 by Minnesota. He wants Minneapolis because you don't play basketball in the snow