2024 NBA Draft Day Two GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
60WinTim

Re: 2024 NBA Draft Day Two GDT

Post by 60WinTim »

Crazysauce wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:35 pm Did anyone find out what we got in the trades? Weird there is nothing I can find.
I imagine the FO is tied up with UDFA negotiations. But then they'll talk to the local reporters about what went down today. I hope they got a future 2nd or two. Can't blame for taking cash, though... Gotta start saving for that luxury tax bill! :D
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Out of the three two-way contracts a team is allowed to have, the Wolves have one committed to Jaylen Clark. Another is currently assigned to Nix, although the Wolves have to decide in two days whether to extend a qualifying offer for him. And it wouldn't surprise me if they keep on two-way contract open to see what shows out in Summer League.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

KG4Ever wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:00 pm C'mon Dante! Dante N'Faly please!
I saw he signed on with Houston
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

Monster wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:14 pm
KG4Ever wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:08 pm If Lakers don't select Bronny at 55, Bron will bolt.
It happened. Not everyone loves LeBron and Bronny is a fringe guy (guys are picked in the 50's anyway) from what I can tell but for a moment I'm gonna say this is kinda cool those guys getting to be on the same team. I would give a lot just to see even video of my dad play ball back when he was young.
It would be a lot cooler if his agent didn't tell every single team Bronny is playing in Australia if you draft him. Kid is going to get the Caitlin Clark rough treatment in the G League.
Monster

Post by Monster »

rapsuperstar31 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:26 pm
Monster wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:14 pm
KG4Ever wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:08 pm If Lakers don't select Bronny at 55, Bron will bolt.
It happened. Not everyone loves LeBron and Bronny is a fringe guy (guys are picked in the 50's anyway) from what I can tell but for a moment I'm gonna say this is kinda cool those guys getting to be on the same team. I would give a lot just to see even video of my dad play ball back when he was young.
It would be a lot cooler if his agent didn't tell every single team Bronny is playing in Australia if you draft him. Kid is going to get the Caitlin Clark rough treatment in the G League.
I haven't exactly dived into it but it doesn't seem like Bronny was more than a fringe 2nd rounder. Quite frankly it seemed like a lot of the experts had a other guys ahead of him.

I'm not even sure that report is true. If I really wanted Bronny at 52 or whatever I'm taking him and if he does whine about it then I tell him go to Australia for a year or force a trade with the Lakers for a future pick. It all sounds a bit like BS to me. Chances are the guy never plays a minute in the NBA.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Here is Mike Lloyd, 2nd in command I guess, doing the post draft interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlatCS0Oozw

He said they cannot discuss the trades just yet, and it might be awhile. He did not elaborate.

I figure it means one of two things: either Moore has to get to Detroit to pass a physical, or more likely, the deal is best consummated after the new season begins. I don't know if that's the start of free agency negotiations, or when contracts can actually be signed. We'll just have to wait and see.
Monster

Post by Monster »

If the Wolves got anything but cash for their 2nd round picks I wonder if with Memphis maybe they were able to slightly upgrade the 2nd rounder in 2026 which is currently the least favorable of 3 teams. Memphis holds both of the more favorable of those teams picks. Might not matter much but maybe for dropping down a few picks now the Wolves will be able to move up a few slots in 2026. Probably just gonna be cash but it's interesting that they have done plenty of deals with Memphis and have done trades with Detroit a couple times in just a few months.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

From Jonny K:

A lot of trading for the Wolves in second round. Told that they got a future second to move down from 53 to 57, then received cash considerations for 57.

Moves that made sense after picking up 2 players in the first round on Wednesday.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

60WinTim wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:39 pm Here is Mike Lloyd, 2nd in command I guess, doing the post draft interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlatCS0Oozw

He said they cannot discuss the trades just yet, and it might be awhile. He did not elaborate.

I figure it means one of two things: either Moore has to get to Detroit to pass a physical, or more likely, the deal is best consummated after the new season begins. I don't know if that's the start of free agency negotiations, or when contracts can actually be signed. We'll just have to wait and see.
I just listened to this closely and wrote down exactly what Lloyd said about the Wolves’ 2nd-round maneuvers. Specifically, responding to a question about those 2nd round maneuvers and what the Wolves go, Lloyd said: “We have a lot of, like, kind of balls in the air, logistics, so things aren’t finalized; they won’t be finalized for a while. So I guess we’ll have to be TBD on that one.” . That tells me we didn’t just trade down nearly 20 spots and then out of the 2nd round entirely just for some limited cash that the CBA allows. There are obviously other things in play in connection with those 2nd round maneuvers.
Monster

Post by Monster »

60WinTim wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:33 am From Jonny K:

A lot of trading for the Wolves in second round. Told that they got a future second to move down from 53 to 57, then received cash considerations for 57.

Moves that made sense after picking up 2 players in the first round on Wednesday.
Also from Jon K

"This is my speculation: but I believe the Wolves could have gotten a slightly better return for Moore, but Moore was the consummate pro while here. Trajan Langdon likes him. So they moved him to a place that will give him a chance. Good business."

Let's put it this way. If you had told me before the draft that the Wolves would have been able to deal #37, Moore (salary dump) and 2031 first and 2030 pick swap for #8 and a future 2nd I would have been like that's a creative deal I would be interested in although I didn't know anything about the guys that would be available. I figured if they moved Moore and his salary it was gonna cost at least a future 2nd to do it. Trading 27 and 37 to get higher was something that was discussed by Wolves fans but we ended up getting farther up than I would have expected with those two picks and still got a guy at #27. It will be interesting to see what kind of future 2nd round pick they end up with.