2024 NBA Draft Day Two GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
60WinTim

2024 NBA Draft Day Two GDT

Post by 60WinTim »

Whatever happens today, who cares. The Wolves have had a GREAT draft!

Don't the Wolves have enough young players right now? Are we really going to add one more with #37?

After giving up a future #1, it wouldn't surprise if we trade #37 for a future draft pick. Heck, we might even add a player to free up a roster spot!

A couple other notes:

- I have seen nothing to indicate Garza is going overseas. 6/29 is the deadline for extending Garza a qualifying offer to make him a restricted FA. Apparently he has been working out at the Wolves' facilities regularly.

- Minott's salary for '24-25 is not guaranteed until tomorrow, 6/28! This means the Wolves could release him to free up a roster spot with no financial penalty. But it sure seems that is unlikely.

- I still think Monte Morris is a lock to re-sign. We just don't have the depth at PG with an aging Conley and an unproven rookie in Dilly (or should we call him "Ham"?).
FNG

Re: 2024 NBA Draft Day Two GDT

Post by FNG »

You're right, Tim...it's a great draft regardless of what happens today.

After adding some scoring punch yesterday and assuming SloMo is leaving, I would be targeting a big at 37. Filipowski will likely be gone, so I would consider Tyler Smith, Bobi Klintman, Adem Bona and Ulrich Chomche.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

FNG wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:27 am You're right, Tim...it's a great draft regardless of what happens today.

After adding some scoring punch yesterday and assuming SloMo is leaving, I would be targeting a big at 37. Filipowski will likely be gone, so I would consider Tyler Smith, Bobi Klintman, Adem Bona and Ulrich Chomche.
Don’t sleep on Enrique Freeman!

And I still have not seen a report that says Garza is gone…
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

60WinTim wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:33 am Whatever happens today, who cares. The Wolves have had a GREAT draft!

Don't the Wolves have enough young players right now? Are we really going to add one more with #37?

After giving up a future #1, it wouldn't surprise if we trade #37 for a future draft pick. Heck, we might even add a player to free up a roster spot!

A couple other notes:

- I have seen nothing to indicate Garza is going overseas. 6/29 is the deadline for extending Garza a qualifying offer to make him a restricted FA. Apparently he has been working out at the Wolves' facilities regularly.

- Minott's salary for '24-25 is not guaranteed until tomorrow, 6/28! This means the Wolves could release him to free up a roster spot with no financial penalty. But it sure seems that is unlikely.

- I still think Monte Morris is a lock to re-sign. We just don't have the depth at PG with an aging Conley and an unproven rookie in Dilly (or should we call him "Ham"?).
Agreed if Morris wants back, I would bring him back for sure. We played three point guards at times late in the season, and I really want to see Conley's minutes cut down to around 24 minutes and want to see him play around 60 games to give him enough rest to be healthy for the playoffs.
FNG

Post by FNG »

60WinTim wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:33 am
FNG wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:27 am You're right, Tim...it's a great draft regardless of what happens today.

Don’t sleep on Enrique Freeman!

And I still have not seen a report that says Garza is gone…
Crap, how did I forget about Freeman? And how can ESPN not have him on the list of best players available? I've been listening to Ben Beecken's draft podcasts the past week, and he has been raving about Freeman. He led the nation with 12.9 RPG last year.
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

37 and cash considerations to move up a few spots to grab Flipwoski? I think I'm rooting for Bona at this point, but more than a few good players still on the board.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

If we're not moving off 37, I'm all for Nikola Djurisic.

However, realistically we're trading out of this spot. With Dillingham, Shannon and Clark, that's 3 rookies. We're not adding a 4th, so if they wanna move down, pick up a future 2, stash someone, cool.

If they wanna trade Moore and a 2nd for future 2's, all for it.

But in the interest of picking someone at 37 for pick's sake,

1. Djurisic
2. Filipowski
3. Enrique Freeman
4. Melvin Ajinca
5. Juan Nunez
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Minnesota is trading Wendell Moore Jr. and the No. 37 pick in today's Day 2 of NBA draft to Detroit, sources say.

Wolves receive pick 53
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

kekgeek wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:12 pm Minnesota is trading Wendell Moore Jr. and the No. 37 pick in today's Day 2 of NBA draft to Detroit, sources say.

Wolves receive pick 53
Guaranteeing Moore's contract was a mistake, just cost us to dump him. 53 right in front of LA for the Bronny sweepstakes.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

rapsuperstar31 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:21 pm
kekgeek wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:12 pm Minnesota is trading Wendell Moore Jr. and the No. 37 pick in today's Day 2 of NBA draft to Detroit, sources say.

Wolves receive pick 53
Guaranteeing Moore's contract was a mistake, just cost us to dump him. 53 right in front of LA for the Bronny sweepstakes.
guaranteeing year 3 wasn't a mistake. It woulda been rash to not guarantee year 3 unless he was a bad person.

Moore just never developed into anything here, but it clears up a spot.

53 /2 other 2 ways, and off we go

C Gobert /Garza
PF Towns /Reid /Miller
SF McDaniels /Anderson? /Minott
SG Edwards /Alexander-Walker/Shannon
PG Conley /Dillingham /Clark

Draft Ulrich Chomche and send him to Iowa for a couple of years and monitor him as Gobert's contract winds down.