2024 Wolves Free Agency

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
FNG

Re: 2024 Wolves Free Agency

Post by FNG »

Sundog wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:46 pm Yeah… that’s a bummer. Bigger role in Phoenix than he could get here, I’d guess… more money too? I don’t think we know the details yet.
Yeah, after watching the Suns flounder without a PG, I thought either Morris or JMac would be a natural replacement for Beal in their starting lineup. I think this is a great fit. So…maybe the Wolves target JMac now?
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

Morris might get more minutes, but Houston will be better next year, New Orleans got better, Memphis will be better if healthy. Phoenix is best case a play in team, with a good chance they don't make the playoffs.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Well, I for one certainly would be OK with J-Mac as our vet (and he is a vet now) backup PG/safety valve. He has been a great regular season backup.

As for Monte Morris, now that he's decided to move on....GOOD RIDDANCE. He got a real chance in the playoffs to help us out and absolutely shit the bed by going 1-14 on 3-point attempts, all of which were of the open catch-and-shoot variety. The one he did make was in that game 6 blowout against Denver when it didn't mean anything. After that, Finch pulled him from the rotation against Dallas.

The bench really let us down in the playoffs IMO, including Morris.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

JMac is probably the way to go unless someone unexpected wants to come in for the minimum. We'll see if Jordan can land in a better situation for himself.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

If they have to keep JMac, so be it. I personally don't want him back.

The pickings are slim since it's clear who our starter and backup at PG are. If Malachi Flynn wants to be third string, offer him a vet min and add another guard on two way.

Long story short, Miller, Minott, Clark especially, hit the ground running this summer.
Monster

Post by Monster »

With Morris leaving in FA a couple things come to mind.

1. The Wolves made a big move for Dillingham and it's having other effects. If they are right about the guy we will be just fine.

2. The thing that was pretty obvious to most Wolves fans for a few years except some Russell believers was the Wolves needed to find a PG of the future. One reason to get a Monte Morris type was to protect against Conley getting old or injured. The Wolves went a more typical route to get a franchise PG pick one in the top 10. Totally unexpected. It's easier to let go of Morris when they added a guy that should have a much higher chance of being worthwhile than a late first etc.

3. Connelly once again was willing to let a guy he likes go. Morris is another one of his success stories. He went after and acquired him last trade deadline. I get Morris left but if Connelly was REALLY wanting to keep him I suppose he could have made an offer that would have had Morris think twice before he left. Not big money but more than likely 5 or 6 million etc.

4. The Wolves must have some idea of what they can do with the guard playmaking spot as a backup plan in case all their FAs that help with that leave. I don't see anyway they expect Rob Dillingham to fill that aspect 3 players left did although Morris and McLaughlin are probably in a way really the impact of one guy leaving because they didn't both play a whole lot in game minutes that weren't blowouts. Maybe they have faith they can get a vet we aren't thinking about. Maybe even someone in Europe. Maybe they have faith in adding a guy that can have a McLaughlin like impact as a young guy signed out of SL etc. Maybe they will roll with Leonard Miller as a PG! Lol Maybe there is some sort of minor trade they can make.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Free agent F Kyle Anderson is planning to sign a three-year, $27 million deal with the Golden State Warriors, sources tell ESPN. He’ll land with Warriors on a sign-and-trade with Minnesota.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

rapsuperstar31 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:26 pm Morris might get more minutes, but Houston will be better next year, New Orleans got better, Memphis will be better if healthy. Phoenix is best case a play in team, with a good chance they don't make the playoffs.
Clippers are the team that gets knocked out and Houston is likely back in. I'm not sure Memphis will make the playoffs as I don't see them as a top 8 team in the West. Morris alone will make Phoenix better since Suns lacked a point guard and Plumlee was a very good signing too who I think will be a helpful addition to their rotation. Now they have a title winning coach in Bud, who KD may like playing for, Beal may be healthier, O'Neale is signed long term and will have a chance to integrate with the others. Suns will play angry. Wolves better not sleep on them if they meet again as Suns will be looking for some payback. If Suns are healthy, they are back in playoffs. If KD or Booker misses 35 or more games, then I would agree that they miss out.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

KG4Ever wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:13 pm
rapsuperstar31 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:26 pm Morris might get more minutes, but Houston will be better next year, New Orleans got better, Memphis will be better if healthy. Phoenix is best case a play in team, with a good chance they don't make the playoffs.
Clippers are the team that gets knocked out and Houston is likely back in. I'm not sure Memphis will make the playoffs as I don't see them as a top 8 team in the West. Morris alone will make Phoenix better since Suns lacked a point guard and Plumlee was a very good signing too who I think will be a helpful addition to their rotation. Now they have a title winning coach in Bud, who KD may like playing for, Beal may be healthier, O'Neale is signed long term and will have a chance to integrate with the others. Suns will play angry. Wolves better not sleep on them if they meet again as Suns will be looking for some payback. If Suns are healthy, they are back in playoffs. If KD or Booker misses 35 or more games, then I would agree that they miss out.
A healthy Grizzlies team is probably on the same level as us.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

WildWolf2813 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:17 pm
KG4Ever wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:13 pm
A healthy Grizzlies team is probably on the same level as us.
So, you think the Wolves are going to be bad? LOL. Maybe, they'll take a step back as counting on two rookies is usually bad in the short term. Back to the Grizz, I don't see them in playoffs unless everything goes perfectly for the franchise and Ja seems to fk it up regularly, and their core is injury prone. Plus, they haven't played together and I don't see great chem
Last edited by KG4Ever on Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.