2024 NBA Draft Day Two GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Re: 2024 NBA Draft Day Two GDT

Post by Lipoli390 »

I knew we had to be getting at least one future 2nd in return for trading down nearly 20 spots, regardless of Moore’s value. So now things make more sense. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s something else involved in the deal - maybe another 2nd rounder or a player.

An important thing to keep in mind is that, if the pick is Detroit’s within the next couple years, it will likely be a high second rounder - probably 37 or better.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Lipoli390 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:04 pm I knew we had to be getting at least one future 2nd in return for trading down nearly 20 spots, regardless of Moore’s value. So now things make more sense. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s something else involved in the deal - maybe another 2nd rounder or a player.

An important thing to keep in mind is that, if the pick is Detroit’s within the next couple years, it will likely be a high second rounder - probably 37 or better.
We still haven't seen the details. But I think you are being entirely too optimistic. I have seen nothing to indicate we are receiving anything back from Detroit. The cost of dumping Moore's salary was dropping 16 spots. It's the move from 53 to 57 that apparently has a "protected" future 2nd round. Dropping back only 4 spots makes me think that protection will be pretty strong. So we may not see anything from this year's 2nd round other than the cash received for selling 57.

But it was still a GREAT draft! :D
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

60WinTim wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:29 am
Lipoli390 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:04 pm I knew we had to be getting at least one future 2nd in return for trading down nearly 20 spots, regardless of Moore’s value. So now things make more sense. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s something else involved in the deal - maybe another 2nd rounder or a player.

We still haven't seen the details. But I think you are being entirely too optimistic. I have seen nothing to indicate we are receiving anything back from Detroit. The cost of dumping Moore's salary was dropping 16 spots. It's the move from 53 to 57 that apparently has a "protected" future 2nd round. Dropping back only 4 spots makes me think that protection will be pretty strong. So we may not see anything from this year's 2nd round other than the cash received for selling 57.

But it was still a GREAT draft! :D
Tim, I’m not letting go of my reality on this one. :)