Might as well talk draft....

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
AbeVigodaLive

Re: Might as well talk draft....

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Wesley Johnson never reached 17 ppg in college... or even high school.

He was chosen #4...

... at 23 years old. Apparently, the Wolves expected a late developmental spurt?
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Remember the last time SOME people were screaming for the Wolves to trade down?

This is what happened when they didn't... and drafted a guy who played the same position as the team's best player.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXFPoXW2SUo[/youtube]
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Remember the last time SOME people were screaming for the Wolves to trade down?

This is what happened when they didn't... and drafted a guy who played the same position as the team's best player.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXFPoXW2SUo[/youtube]

If Derrick Williams was 7'1" with a 7'6" wingspan and cared even just a little bit... that might have worked out better. Oof. Bad memories.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

OMG, stop it guys! I'm about ready to call my therapist, who I thought I didn't need anymore after the Vanderbilt acquisition. Now here we go again with the PTSD.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Q12543 wrote:OMG, stop it guys! I'm about ready to call my therapist, who I thought I didn't need anymore after the Vanderbilt acquisition. Now here we go again with the PTSD.

It was funny and sad hearing was it Bilas or Legler questioning the Flynn pick. You just drafted Rubio and now you take a 5-11" PG? Shouldn't you draft Steph Curry here? Someone who can shoot next to Rubio?

They were baffled like the rest of America. Usually they just pump up the pick no matter what, not basically in shock.