Patriots moves

General NFL News
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Patriots moves

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Anyone else think the Patriots are genius?

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/report-patriots-sign-former-jaguars-te-harbor

I love how they are loading up with TE's. Really can create mistakes in both the run game and pass game.
Monster

Re: Patriots moves

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Anyone else think the Patriots are genius?

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/report-patriots-sign-former-jaguars-te-harbor

I love how they are loading up with TE's. Really can create mistakes in both the run game and pass game.

Getting Bennett for A 4th rounder was a no brainer. The Vikings really seem to love TEs also. If Rudolph had been healthy most of the time instead of injured most of the time he would have been a big help in the passing attack the last few years. If the line is decent enough to let him and Pruitt actually run patterns instead of block that's going to make a huge difference. Zach Line has some interesting upside also.

monsterpile wrote:

Getting Bennett for A 4th rounder was a no brainer. The Vikings really seem to love TEs also. If Rudolph had been healthy most of the time instead of injured most of the time he would have been a big help in the passing attack the last few years. If the line is decent enough to let him and Pruitt actually run patterns instead of block that's going to make a huge difference. Zach Line has some interesting upside also.

I am in the corner that Rudolph is overrated by Vikings fans, but as long as we have AP having TE's that are blockers and receiving threats will be very important.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

I am in the corner that Rudolph is overrated by Vikings fans, but as long as we have AP having TE's that are blockers and receiving threats will be very important.

I think it's hard to say how good Rudolph really is right? He has 5 season 2 of which he played half the season. Last year he had to block a lot and still ended up with a decent season in an offense that smuggled passing the ball. It's not like this guy has been catching passes from Tom Brady. Lol I'd Rudy really good? Probably not but other than a big play downfield receiver (or at times any legit playmaking reliever) what has this team needed? A big possession receiver. Rudy would help there. You are probably right the people that are Rudy believers probably overrate the guy but part of that is there are a ton of good TEs right now. This is SORTA like the Rubio thing can't stay healthy and a lot of talent at that position.

Valid points. It is pretty certain that the Patriots are the gold standard of the NFL as the Spurs are of the NBA.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

Rudolph had 26 catches the last 6 games, which roughly translates into a 70 catch season.

I don't worry about Rudolph for two reasons: I think the O-line will be better, meaning the passing attack will be better, and Rudolph's contract has no more guaranteed/dead money, so if he comes to camp out of shape, the Vikings can walk away unscathed, and he can go around the league trying to get another big contract and trying to explain how the guy who created Jay Novacek and Antonio Gates couldn't use him.