Don't know why I just thought of this,

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
FNG

Don't know why I just thought of this,

Post by FNG »

but does anyone know if Fred Cox is still alive?
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Re: Don't know why I just thought of this,

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

FNG wrote:but does anyone know if Fred Cox is still alive?

He passed away last year.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Q12543 wrote:

Well, that's a relief I suppose. I'm fairly certain he wouldn't have survived watching today's game.
Monster

Post by Monster »

FNG wrote:
Q12543 wrote:

Well, that's a relief I suppose. I'm fairly certain he wouldn't have survived watching today's game.

The inventor of NERF!

What's Gary or Morten Anderson up to?

It's unbelievable how Bailey seemed to just have not be able to make kicks the last 2 weeks. McLaughlin got cut after his missed last week so he is available...for a reason. I honestly don't even know if cutting Bailey and bring someone else in would mean better results. After today...it's hard not to want ANYONE else but it would be nice if he figured it out. I thought one of the ways the Vikings would miss the playoffs maybe he might miss a FG or an extra point in games that would cost the team the playoffs but not like all of them. Lol
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

monsterpile wrote:
FNG wrote:
Q12543 wrote:

The inventor of NERF!

It's unbelievable how Bailey seemed to just have not be able to make kicks the last 2 weeks. McLaughlin got cut after his missed last week so he is available...for a reason. I honestly don't even know if cutting Bailey and bring someone else in would mean better results. After today...it's hard not to want ANYONE else but it would be nice if he figured it out. I thought one of the ways the Vikings would miss the playoffs maybe he might miss a FG or an extra point in games that would cost the team the playoffs but not like all of them. Lol

All of the special teams units need to get cleaned up this offseason (bad coaching, bad punting, bad kicking, bad coverage) so I'm not sure what bringing in someone late in the season is really gonna do when every facet on the team is bad.
Monster

Post by Monster »

khans2k5 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
FNG wrote:
Q12543 wrote:

The inventor of NERF!

All of the special teams units need to get cleaned up this offseason (bad coaching, bad punting, bad kicking, bad coverage) so I'm not sure what bringing in someone late in the season is really gonna do when every facet on the team is bad.

It's weird how it's been so bad this year. For quite a while the coverage units were quite good. Some of that was likely the athletes the Vikings have brought in but this year espciosoy with Bailey struggling no facet of ST has been good.

The more I look into it the more I think I keep riding Bailey and see if he can turn it around. I was curious about Forbath and he was the Rams 2nd kicker was struggling a bit and then hurt his ankle and went on IR. So the Rams are on their 3rd kicker and activated a PS guy because they weren't sure Matt Gay would be healthy. It seems unlikely that some awesome young kicker is available at this point. How many Kickers have the Jags had this year like 18?
Monster

Post by Monster »

https://www.startribune.com/ryan-longwell-vikings-should-stick-with-dan-bailey-mistakes-are-easily-fixable/600001724/