2022 Season Thread

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Jester1534

2022 Season Thread

Post by Jester1534 »

It's about time we start a thread for our first place Minnesota Twins.

It looks like we have lucked and Correa only has a bruised finger and not fracture. Either way Royce Lewis has been called up to the show.

Royce Lewis is batting .310/.430/.563 with 15 extra-base hits, 17 walks, and 8 steals in 24 games for Triple-A St. Paul.

Observations from our first 26 games

Boy did the twins fleece the Rays in the Joe Ryan for Cruz trade. Just a reminder that Father Time is undefeated.

Byron Buxton when healthy is one of the best players on planet. If you calculate his war through first 26 games he's already worth his 15 million contract.

Johan Duran has been brilliant besides his mess up yesterday. This from Gleeman a couple days ago

Jhoan Duran has 18 strikeouts in his first 11 innings. He's struck out 44% of the batters he's faced.

Also of note: Just two walks in 11 innings, while averaging 100.2 mph with his fastball.

All in all this team looks like it's on the right track and if the pitching stays solid the Central is wide open. Hope you got in on the +1000 ceaser line put on them to win the division before the season.
Monster

Re: 2022 Season Thread

Post by Monster »

Thanks for teeing update this thread. It's been a wild season already. That's such good news about Correa. It's also been great that Lewis has been hitting at AAA after not playing games for such a long time. I saw he already has 8 SBs for The Saints.

How did I miss that Jose was Lin-Manuel Miranda's cousin? It would be great if he could get rolling. I feel bad for Sano with another injury but...he was struggling again.

Anyway there are more things to talk about but I'll stop there. It's been a fun season.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Twins are hot.....but a LOT of one-run, close wins. Not sure they have the firepower offensively (??). And the Yankees will just break our hearts in the playoffs anyway.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Q-was-here wrote:Twins are hot.....but a LOT of one-run, close wins. Not sure they have the firepower offensively (??). And the Yankees will just break our hearts in the playoffs anyway.

Eh eventually they will start hitting and the pitching isn't likely to stay this strong. Basically things will even put to some extent.

Duran though...wowzers. He stuck out a guy this weekend on 3 pitches and I think the slowest pitch he threw of the 3 was 101 and he threw at least one pitch that inning that was 103. His average pitch speed (can't remember if this is just fastball or all pitches) this season is 98.5. Lol
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

I hate Cheapness the twins send down Royce Lewis to manipulate service time again.

There's no reason why he Cant Play SS 2 times a week when Correa needs rest, Play in outfield 2 times a week when Buxton needs rest and DH twice a week and have a still have a day of rest.
Monster

Post by Monster »

jester1534 wrote:I hate Cheapness the twins send down Royce Lewis to manipulate service time again.

There's no reason why he Cant Play SS 2 times a week when Correa needs rest, Play in outfield 2 times a week when Buxton needs rest and DH twice a week and have a still have a day of rest.

I think they want him to play SS everyday and I'm ok with that. If he keeps raking in AAA eventually they will probably bring him back up and play him somewhere.
Monster

Post by Monster »

The Twins have continued to plug along still winning more than losing despite throwing some junk out there for starters. Smeltzer has been good though and some guys have started to hit more.