Jester went to a Saints game

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Jester1534

Jester went to a Saints game

Post by Jester1534 »

My wife an I went to our first game yesterday as since the change to be twins affiliate. I planned to go more but with Larnach called up so early and Lewis hurt I didn't see the point. So here's what I saw

Miranda looks like carbon copy of Joe Crede and had the most bat speed of anyone last night. I don't know if he will translate to pros but when he gets ahold of it his exit velo is up there.

Keon Broxton is hit a .189 only bringing up because some people wanted to bring him up when he had a hot spring training. Cough cough spring stats don't count lol.

Jake cave was still wearing a twins helmet to place and looked lost up there. He's baiting like .230 now. They better get him a saints helmet soon.

Rooker hit a ball pretty much out of the stadium. He's batting .250 with 19-20 bombs. Honestly if they trade Cruz they need to figure out if this guy is lifetime triple a player or not.

Mitch garver bat looked slow to me. I got pretty look to. We sat first row on the 3rd base dugout.

Also Miranda went first third on hit to right and was huffing and puffing. I chirped and said you can teach speed Miranda and just keep mashing the ball. There were making a pitching change he look up smiled and put his thumb up.

Stankiewicz Is fun name to say

Indians had sidewinder who last name
Was broom that I found funny.

There was guy on the mound Shoemaker never heard of him he threw 5 shutout innings and only gave up 2 hits. Maybe the twins should call him up lol.

Be thankful we don't have Indians farm system because there was no mlb ready talent at triple a that I saw.
Monster

Re: Jester went to a Saints game

Post by Monster »

jester1534 wrote:My wife an I went to our first game yesterday as since the change to be twins affiliate. I planned to go more but with Larnach called up so early and Lewis hurt I didn't see the point. So here's what I saw

Miranda looks like carbon copy of Joe Crede and had the most bat speed of anyone last night. I don't know if he will translate to pros but when he gets ahold of it his exit velo is up there.

Keon Broxton is hit a .189 only bringing up because some people wanted to bring him up when he had a hot spring training. Cough cough spring stats don't count lol.

Jake cave was still wearing a twins helmet to place and looked lost up there. He's baiting like .230 now. They better get him a saints helmet soon.

Rooker hit a ball pretty much out of the stadium. He's batting .250 with 19-20 bombs. Honestly if they trade Cruz they need to figure out if this guy is lifetime triple a player or not.

Mitch garver bat looked slow to me. I got pretty look to. We sat first row on the 3rd base dugout.

Also Miranda went first third on hit to right and was huffing and puffing. I chirped and said you can teach speed Miranda and just keep mashing the ball. There were making a pitching change he look up smiled and put his thumb up.

Stankiewicz Is fun name to say

Indians had sidewinder who last name
Was broom that I found funny.

There was guy on the mound Shoemaker never heard of him he threw 5 shutout innings and only gave up 2 hits. Maybe the twins should call him up lol.

Be thankful we don't have Indians farm system because there was no mlb ready talent at triple a that I saw.

Thanks for the report. I'm still planning to go to. Saints game in Omaha this month. I don't think I have been looking forward to going to a baseball game (any game) since maybe we went to my first game at Target field.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I have been meaning to get to a game. Is the atmosphere much different than prior to the Twins affiliation?
FNG

Post by FNG »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I have been meaning to get to a game. Is the atmosphere much different than prior to the Twins affiliation?

Bleed, I have not been yet, but my daughter went Friday night and gave me a report last night. She described it as halfway between an old Saints game and a normal AAA game...i.e., it's real AAA baseball, but they have tried to retain some of the fun they had before. It's going to be slightly different because this is high level baseball with guys trying to make the bigs, so it's going to be more serious than the Saints used to be. But with Tortuga there, it's always going to be fun!
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I have been meaning to get to a game. Is the atmosphere much different than prior to the Twins affiliation?

Same old saints but the big difference I actually care about the game and seeing these guys.

Usually when I would go to saints games it's just go to drink with buds or just to get outside in the warm weather. But it makes it so much more enjoyable to see guys like Miranda because you know he's probably going to be in a twins outfit in the near future.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Going to Omaha Friday night to see the Saints and sitting 3rd baseline so hopefully Miranda is playing at 3rd but if not hopefully it's Astudillo. We may go Sunday night also.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Jester1534 wrote:

Same old saints but the big difference I actually care about the game and seeing these guys.

Usually when I would go to saints games it's just go to drink with buds or just to get outside in the warm weather. But it makes it so much more enjoyable to see guys like Miranda because you know he's probably going to be in a twins outfit in the near future.

That sounds perfect. I never really paid attention to who won or lost at those games. How good is Miranda?
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

bleedspeed177 wrote:
Jester1534 wrote:

That sounds perfect. I never really paid attention to who won or lost at those games. How good is Miranda?

You can tell the bat speed right away.

I think I mention above but gave me massive Joe Crede vibes at third base. Don't know how good defensively he is though
Monster

Post by Monster »

My friend and I had a good time going to the game. I honestly don't have any amazing takeaways although I did demand my money back because Miranda was the DH and had zero hits. There was a weird play where Miranda hit the ball towards SS and it was a hit and run situation. The runner was called safe and Miranda went back to hitting. Nobody around us knew what had happened and nothing was announced. I figured it had to be an interference call of some kind or a balk. I just looked it up and it was a balk.

Nobody strikes out with a pep in their step like Jake Cave. He has been hitting before this game. Maybe I was bad luck or something.

Yennier Cano looked really good in relief until he pitched in the 3rd inning of work even though he started that inning having gotten 4 outs in 21 pitches. Andrew Vasquez got Charlie Barnes out of jam before that.

I got chills as Matt Shoemaker walked past us just a few feet away as we were just a couple rows back behind the home dugout. It was hot it would have been nice to actually have gotten chills.

It looked like the Royals have some nice talent at AAA.

The ballpark felt a lot like Haymarket Park in Lincoln. I'm not sure which one I like best although I like the upper seating at haymarket park so maybe I would pick that one.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

monsterpile wrote:My friend and I had a good time going to the game. I honestly don't have any amazing takeaways although I did demand my money back because Miranda was the DH and had zero hits. There was a weird play where Miranda hit the ball towards SS and it was a hit and run situation. The runner was called safe and Miranda went back to hitting. Nobody around us knew what had happened and nothing was announced. I figured it had to be an interference call of some kind or a balk. I just looked it up and it was a balk.

Nobody strikes out with a pep in their step like Jake Cave. He has been hitting before this game. Maybe I was bad luck or something.

Yennier Cano looked really good in relief until he pitched in the 3rd inning of work even though he started that inning having gotten 4 outs in 21 pitches. Andrew Vasquez got Charlie Barnes out of jam before that.

I got chills as Matt Shoemaker walked past us just a few feet away as we were just a couple rows back behind the home dugout. It was hot it would have been nice to actually have gotten chills.

It looked like the Royals have some nice talent at AAA.

The ballpark felt a lot like Haymarket Park in Lincoln. I'm not sure which one I like best although I like the upper seating at haymarket park so maybe I would pick that one.

You know I been in the same room with Muhammed Ali. I been at a Tony Parker all star game party in Vegas and I been in a club at the same time Brock Lesnar after a UFC fight.

Nothing compares standing 5 feet away from Maker of shoes Matt Shoemaker