Foreign substances/Spider Tac

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Jester1534

Foreign substances/Spider Tac

Post by Jester1534 »

Wanted to see you what guys thought of this ban stuff? I can't believe how many pitchers have come out and complain how this isn't fair of MLB

Pretty prominent names complaining
Cole
Flaherty
Glasnow
Etc

I was listening to mlb network I don't have source for it but they said mlb runs are up almost 2 runs a game since the crackdown.

Also I can't believe Glasnow blamed the MLB for his UCL year because he couldn't use spider tac lol. Especially cause he's had arm troubles in the past.
AbeVigodaLive

Re: Foreign substances/Spider Tac

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

With all the talk about mound distance, baseballs and everything else... did baseball figure out the great equalizer?
FNG

Post by FNG »

It's an interesting topic, jester (by the way, I hope you're feeling better). I think we all know doctoring the baseball has been a part of the game for decades. Still, I find the stance that guys like Cole are taking to be nothing short of bizarre. Whining about the league not allowing them to cheat really defines today's pro athlete.

I'm also enjoying Josh Donaldson's role in this firestorm. For several years I've looked at the action on some of the pitches of a couple of our guys (I'm looking at you, Jose and Taylor!) and just known they were playing fast and fancy with the rules. I wonder how they're reacting to what Josh is doing. "Josh, shut up already...you're messing with our careers here!"
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

Cole claiming the balls are difficult to hold onto.
150 plus years of baseball and this is a new revelation.
Monster

Post by Monster »

PorkChop wrote:Cole claiming the balls are difficult to hold onto.

Juiced baseballs are slippery.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

PorkChop wrote:Cole claiming the balls are difficult to hold onto.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/rays-tyler-glasnow-blames-injury-mlb-foreign-substances

This Glasnow story is wild. He says in article it's because he was gripping the ball so hard and didn't have sunscreen to help him hold it. Therefore he tore his UCL.

Side note: Tyler Glasnow was out in 2019 with strained right forearm for 4 months. Must've ran out of sun screen there too.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Now washed up pitchers are chiming in. I'm sorry this getting out of hand.

https://www.masslive.com/redsox/2021/06/boston-red-soxs-garrett-richards-rips-mlb-for-new-foreign-substance-rules-im-just-grateful-that-i-got-this-far-into-my-career-before-were-at-this-point.html