Twins Spring Training 2021

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Twins Spring Training 2021

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I figured I would start this thread now that we are about to start. I was lucky to catch one games last year when I was in Tampa for Spring Break. I think it was the second to last game of the year. This year it sounds like they have already sold out ST.

What are you guys looking for in ST?
Jester1534

Re: Twins Spring Training 2021

Post by Jester1534 »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I figured I would start this thread now that we are about to start. I was lucky to catch one games last year when I was in Tampa for Spring Break. I think it was the second to last game of the year. This year it sounds like they have already sold out ST.

How much Luis Arraez plays left field. I have sneak suspicion they might try to play him there for the month. Like or not there going to keep Kirilloff in triple A for service time reasons.

How much Luis Arraez plays left field. I have sneak suspicion they might try to play him there for the month. Like or not there going to keep Kirilloff in triple A for service time reasons.

That is the Twins way.

Any thoughts on Buxton?
http://twinsdaily.com/_/minnesota-twins-news/minnesota-twins/the-biggest-red-flag-for-byron-buxtons-bat-r10403
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

bleedspeed177 wrote:

That is the Twins way.

Any thoughts on Buxton?
http://twinsdaily.com/_/minnesota-twins-news/minnesota-twins/the-biggest-red-flag-for-byron-buxtons-bat-r10403

Don't really care about buxton bat. His job is to stay healthy and play best defense in centerfield since Ken Griffey Jr. Anything they get offensively from him is just a bonus.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

jester1534 wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:I figured I would start this thread now that we are about to start. I was lucky to catch one games last year when I was in Tampa for Spring Break. I think it was the second to last game of the year. This year it sounds like they have already sold out ST.

You beat me to it, jester, you dirty dog. My only add would be that I really do think Luis Arraez will be moved around a lot this season. He can theoretically play left field, third base, second base, and maybe even first base occasionally.

So during that first month where Alex Kiriloff might not be with the big league team I think we'll see a steady diet of Jake Cave too as they'll want to utilize Arraez around the field to spell other guys.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Camden0916 wrote:
jester1534 wrote:

You beat me to it, jester, you dirty dog. My only add would be that I really do think Luis Arraez will be moved around a lot this season. He can theoretically play left field, third base, second base, and maybe even first base occasionally.

So during that first month where Alex Kiriloff might not be with the big league team I think we'll see a steady diet of Jake Cave too as they'll want to utilize Arraez around the field to spell other guys.

Bazinga!
Monster

Post by Monster »

jester1534 wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:
jester1534 wrote:

Bazinga!

There could also be a guy that isn't on the 40 man roster that gets hot for the first few weeks of the season before falling off.
Monster

Post by Monster »

jester1534 wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:

That is the Twins way.

Any thoughts on Buxton?

Don't really care about buxton bat. His job is to stay healthy and play best defense in centerfield since Ken Griffey Jr. Anything they get offensively from him is just a bonus.

My theory is they signed Broxton in hopes that if Buxton got hurt some very casual fans wouldn't even figure out there was a different guy out there. Lol It does sound like at one point Broxtom was very good defensively in CF and he had a year where I think I was with Milwaukee his bonus bat was a nice addition.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Jester take aways of todays spring traning game that was telvised. Garver hit a fastball out to right center and Alex Colome cutter wouldnt cut for him. Then I turned it off.

Jester1534 wrote:Jester take aways of todays spring traning game that was telvised. Garver hit a fastball out to right center and Alex Colome cutter wouldnt cut for him. Then I turned it off.

Would you trade Garver?