Stan Van Gundy to Nets: Don’t ‘hire employee before boss’

General NBA News
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Stan Van Gundy to Nets: Don’t ‘hire employee before boss’

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

http://nypost.com/2016/02/02/stan-van-gundy-to-nets-dont-hire-employee-before-boss/

I hope Taylor reads this.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Re: Stan Van Gundy to Nets: Don’t ‘hire employee before boss’

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

bleedspeed177 wrote:http://nypost.com/2016/02/02/stan-van-gundy-to-nets-dont-hire-employee-before-boss/

Can't disagree with him. We should be looking for a new POBO right now, unless Taylor is convinced Milt is the guy.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Q12543 wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:http://nypost.com/2016/02/02/stan-van-gundy-to-nets-dont-hire-employee-before-boss/

Can't disagree with him. We should be looking for a new POBO right now, unless Taylor is convinced Milt is the guy.

Poor Milt. He is NOT the guy. He's the guy that HELPS the guy.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

I wouldnt mind them bringing in Danny Ferry. He seemed to do a real good job in Atlanta, until he was ousted.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

sjm34 wrote:I wouldnt mind them bringing in Danny Ferry. He seemed to do a real good job in Atlanta, until he was ousted.

That last line should read until he put his foot in his mouth. It's not like he was unreasonably forced out.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

khans2k5 wrote:
sjm34 wrote:I wouldnt mind them bringing in Danny Ferry. He seemed to do a real good job in Atlanta, until he was ousted.

That last line should read until he put his foot in his mouth. It's not like he was unreasonably forced out.

But everybody was a racist, so it was all cool!
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:

I heard the word African. That is a reference to a continent not a race. Reading a report that describes someone as African isn't racist. It might be wrong to characterize an African as being two-faced, but it seems as if some have made a jump that isn't supported.

Whoops
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

sjm34 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:

I heard the word African. That is a country not a race. Reading a report that describes someone as African isn't racist. It might be wrong to characterize an African as being two-faced, but it seems as if some have made a jump that isn't supported.

[Edit: I notice SJM has since edited his comment...]
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

sjm34 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:

I heard the word African. That is a reference to a continent not a race. Reading a report that describes someone as African isn't racist. It might be wrong to characterize an African as being two-faced, but it seems as if some have made a jump that isn't supported.

Whoops

The quote was a bit more than just calling him African. It started with, "He has a little African in him." Then it jumped up to, "Not in a bad way, but he's like a guy who would have a nice store out front and sell you counterfeit stuff out of the back. And then in closing describing Deng (and implying all persons of African descent) as a two-faced liar and cheat.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Camden0916 wrote:
Q12543 wrote:

Poor Milt. He is NOT the guy. He's the guy that HELPS the guy.

I think this is a good take Cam. I like Milt but I don't think he can be THE guy or at least he isn't ready now or in a few months. It would be nice if he stayed around but I don't have confidence in him being the main guy making the decisions.