Exercise in Futility - Wolves @ Hawks GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
60WinTim

Exercise in Futility - Wolves @ Hawks GDT

Post by 60WinTim »

I mean, why bother...

The KOM says the Wolves will lose 8 of their next 9 games, starting tonight. KAT is still a ways away, and even when he returns he will need some time to get back in sync, just like JMac.

We ripped on Naz last game, but NAW was really bad, too. What's with Finch being determined to make an Edwards/NAW backcourt work for a few minutes a game, anyway? It's been terrible.

A loss tonight likely gives us the same number of losses as the 12th seed.

And on top of all that, our forum is closing down in a couple months, about the same time the playoffs start, if it even matters...

CRAP!
Carlos Danger

Re: Exercise in Futility - Wolves @ Hawks GDT

Post by Carlos Danger »

I thought you were supposed to be the optimistic guy on this board. Change your tune or change your screen name to 20WinTim!
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

I'm surprised you think we can't (or won't) beat: Hawks, Bulls or Warriors? I'm not saying we win all those, but I don't see those as automatic losses either.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Carlos Danger wrote:I'm surprised you think we can't (or won't) beat: Hawks, Bulls or Warriors? I'm not saying we win all those, but I don't see those as automatic losses either.

I agree. Ive had the inclination to count this team out several times this year and they keep bouncing back. Quite resilient so far. I think these games will be exciting. They have been losing the close ones lately, Im thinking that will turn around.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Carlos Danger wrote:I'm surprised you think we can't (or won't) beat: Hawks, Bulls or Warriors? I'm not saying we win all those, but I don't see those as automatic losses either.

I think Tim is saying we'll likely be underdogs in 8 out the next 9 games. But as Tim has said in other threads, that's not a bad thing at all, because it leaves lots of opportunities for Anti-Klunkers that can help with playoff positioning. I think we will likely win at least one of the games we are not favored to win.
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

thedoper wrote:

I agree. Ive had the inclination to count this team out several times this year and they keep bouncing back. Quite resilient so far. I think these games will be exciting. They have been losing the close ones lately, Im thinking that will turn around.

It's a hard to team to trust. They will lose the games we assume they should win. But then they pull off some wins we assume they'd lose. The talent seems to be there. Finchy needs to put it all together and keep this ship on course. No better time to do that than now. I look at the remaining schedule and see only five teams with significantly better records than us:
* Celtics
* Knicks
* Kings
* Suns
* Nets

I think the other 9 games/teams are all about .500 or worse. I don't see the remaining schedule as a big problem anymore.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

(reverse psychology)
FNG

Post by FNG »

60WinTim wrote:(reverse psychology)

good idea...hope it works
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Minot getting a situational opportunity at the end of the first. And Young missed!

It's a start!
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Hmm. I'll risk the jinx and say I should have titled the thread "Exercising the Demons"!