DLO Russell Trade Timing

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Coolbreeze44

DLO Russell Trade Timing

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Moving on from Russell seems inevitable at this point. So how do we maximize the return for him? He's currently on one of his better shooting streaks since coming here, and I don't think his value is going to get any higher. In my opinion now is the time to make the move. It would be nice if JMac was ready to go, but we shouldn't miss this window while his offensive game is humming.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: DLO Russell Trade Timing

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Yes, please. Free D'Angelo Russell from this unappreciative fan base.

All hail Jordan McLaughlin. This is the Timberwolves way.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Getting rid of DLo for upgrades seems to be the theme of his career.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

I'm not sure if on court performance is the driving factor right now. The question is if DLO will take an extension offer that the team thinks is fair. I'm guessing the numbers are not close. The question is do you risk him walking and replace him with MLE or make a trade before that happens?
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

I think it's hilarious that this is a new thread.

They are messing with you Cam (or they don't understand the game).
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Phenom's_Revenge wrote:I'm not sure if on court performance is the driving factor right now. The question is if DLO will take an extension offer that the team thinks is fair. I'm guessing the numbers are not close. The question is do you risk him walking and replace him with MLE or make a trade before that happens?

Perfect description of the issue. This is why you trade him. His perceived value will always outmatch his actual value on the court. His current contract was a bet by Golden State that they could dupe someone else into taking him later at a max deal rather than losing KD for nothing, and good on them for getting another championship. Now we have to hope TC can do the same so we wont lose DLo for nothing. I dont think we replace his value for the MLE, which is why I want a trade. It is in no way because he sucks or something of that ilk.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

leado01 wrote:I think it's hilarious that this is a new thread.

They are messing with you Cam (or they don't understand the game).

The thread is about the best time to make a move. How is that hilarious?
Sundog

Post by Sundog »

Well, I agree it's time, if a good deal can be made. I'm a big DLO fan, but the contract situation is such that the Wolves have to find a way not to lose that salary slot. Maybe they can sign him for a reasonable value, but it doesn't seem like anyone thinks that's possible.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Our defense the final 16 minutes of the game yesterday was quite promising...certainly the best we have seen from them this season. I was especially pleased to see Nowell provide some nice defense. His defense has been inconsistent, but he's still young and I never question his effort. I'm not giving up hope that he can eventually become at least an average NBA defender. I want to see him bring it again on Monday against the Jazz.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

FNG wrote:Our defense the final 16 minutes of the game yesterday was quite promising...certainly the best we have seen from them this season. I was especially pleased to see Nowell provide some nice defense. His defense has been inconsistent, but he's still young and I never question his effort. I'm not giving up hope that he can eventually become at least an average NBA defender. I want to see him bring it again on Monday against the Jazz.

But LST, is it time to move DLO while he is in a shooting groove? You know it comes and goes.