You know when things have gotten out of control when

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Crazysauce

You know when things have gotten out of control when

Post by Crazysauce »

John Wall receives a max deal. Curious to see if anyone thinks this is a good deal? I thought teams would be more tight with there spending with this new cba so I just dont get why these guys are getting so much money?
JDvikes [enjin:6536888]

Re: You know when things have gotten out of control when

Post by JDvikes [enjin:6536888] »

80 over 5 is not a max is it? I personally thought it was high for how much I thought they might value him, but looking into his numbers, and strictly by going by those (which I know is bad) I don't see it as overpaying really if you think he is your guy.
TeamRicky [enjin:6648771]

Post by TeamRicky [enjin:6648771] »

I don't find that surprising. He is their franchise guy.
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

John Wall will be as good as Derek Rose could have been and still might be. He's worth it.
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Fair deal for both sides. Glad to see the Wizards keep their franchise guy.

leado01 wrote:John Wall will be as good as Derek Rose could have been and still might be. He's worth it.

Slow down lol. Wall will never be D-Rose. He'll be a potential All-Star, but D-Rose is an MVP and could go down as one of the best PGs ever if he regains previous form.
foye2smith [enjin:6593248]

Post by foye2smith [enjin:6593248] »

Just wait for the laughs when the Wolves give Rubio the max.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Jennings only got a 3 year 24 million contract. I have faith in the world again. LOL I do think Jennings is a solid fit for the Pistons who seem to be creating the same type of team they had when they won the championship a few years ago.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Ehh. That's a really tough sell monster. Prince and JSmoove aren't really relatable. Jennings is a chucker and not nearly the floor general Chauncey was. They don't have a big that can stretch the floor and with JSmoove in the lineup, the Pistons floor spacing looks like it could be yucky lol. They have a bunch of good names and I like what they're doing in terms of getting better. I don't see this Pistons team being the same mold as the old Pistons team.
whatdtcom [enjin:6685945]

Post by whatdtcom [enjin:6685945] »

While I don't really believe many players deserve the "max"----perhaps like 10-15 in the whole league. The Wiz are handcuffed to sign him because they can't afford to have him walk as we were years ago with Garnett.

Garnett did turn out to be a franchise type player but at the time he turned down the 103M for an eventually 125M contract as a 21 year kid that avg 17/8!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/10/03/sports/pro-basketball-wolves-may-be-limited-by-garnett-s-contract.html
Monster

Post by Monster »

Camden wrote:Ehh. That's a really tough sell monster. Prince and JSmoove aren't really relatable. Jennings is a chucker and not nearly the floor general Chauncey was. They don't have a big that can stretch the floor and with JSmoove in the lineup, the Pistons floor spacing looks like it could be yucky lol. They have a bunch of good names and I like what they're doing in terms of getting better. I don't see this Pistons team being the same mold as the old Pistons team.

I should have said blueprint and it fits pretty well. I am not saying they will achieve that level, but its interesting the guys they have. Jennings is a chucker and you will find few people that dislike his game more than me, but guess what the guy you could hope and pray him to be like is Billups and guess what? Billups is on their roster. So yeah and that amount of money ain't bad for Jennings. The Pistons (like the old pistons team) doesn't really have a scorer so it might work. Drummond is the biggest key he has the upside of Ben Wallace, but thats a significant level of play to be reached. He might be able to do it he has some of the tools to make it. Overall if I am a Pistons fan I would actually be interested in this team for the first time in quite a while. They might top out as just a playoff team, but I could see them move past the Hawks (for the teams behind the contenders) this year. We will see how they mesh.