Can we get Lavine back for...

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
D-Mac [enjin:19736340]

Can we get Lavine back for...

Post by D-Mac [enjin:19736340] »

Do you all think we could bring Zach Lavine home for a package of DLo, okogie, Naz and a lottery protected first?

Then we could roll out a lineup off...

towns
Mcdaniels
Edwards
Lavine
Culver

Sixth man (30 min/game) - Beasley

I think we could definitely get by with culver at PG next to Lavine and edwards.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: Can we get Lavine back for...

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I don't see either team making that trade, to be honest.

Camden0916 wrote:I don't see either team making that trade, to be honest.

Well if I were running the wolves, this is one of the first trades I would try to make.

I know that neither rosas or Camden would want to make this trade, because they wouldnt want to admit failure on DLo, but what say the rest of you? Obviously you can start Rubio or jmac instead of culver, but I just thought it might be cool to give that lineup a try.

D-Loser wrote:

Well if I were running the wolves, this is one of the first trades I would try to make.

I know that neither rosas or Camden would want to make this trade, because they wouldnt want to admit failure on DLo, but what say the rest of you? Obviously you can start Rubio or jmac instead of culver, but I just thought it might be cool to give that lineup a try.

Okay, Loser. Here's how it goes. Minnesota likely doesn't make this trade because of several reasons. Firstly, they haven't seen enough of D'Angelo Russell to evaluate if he's a good fit with Karl-Anthony Towns or not. Your snarky response let's me know that you're at least semi-aware of that so that's a good thing. Secondly, the Wolves have invested draft capital and $23-25M annually at the shooting guard position, specifically in Malik Beasley and Anthony Edwards. I'm not sure they'd find it an appropriate allocation of resources to add a future max contract at the position on top of it. The financials don't work out. Thirdly, the Bulls just aren't entertaining your suggested offer anyways. Those incoming pieces don't improve their team in the standings and they already have young, talented players at those specific positions. The only realistic way you get Chicago to bite on a deal for LaVine is to dangle Edwards and Minnesota just isn't going to do that for him. That's the situation whether you want to accept it or not. This is one of those moves you force trade on NBA 2K, but not in real life.

Camden0916 wrote:
D-Loser wrote:

Okay, Loser. Here's how it goes. Minnesota likely doesn't make this trade because of several reasons. Firstly, they haven't seen enough of D'Angelo Russell to evaluate if he's a good fit with Karl-Anthony Towns or not. Your snarky response let's me know that you're at least semi-aware of that so that's a good thing. Secondly, the Wolves have invested draft capital and $23-25M annually at the shooting guard position, specifically in Malik Beasley and Anthony Edwards. I'm not sure they'd find it an appropriate allocation of resources to add a future max contract at the position on top of it. The financials don't work out. Thirdly, the Bulls just aren't entertaining your suggested offer anyways. Those incoming pieces don't improve their team in the standings and they already have young, talented players at those specific positions. The only realistic way you get Chicago to bite on a deal for LaVine is to dangle Edwards and Minnesota just isn't going to do that for him. That's the situation whether you want to accept it or not. This is one of those moves you force trade on NBA 2K, but not in real life.

I get why Chicago wouldn't do it, although I think it's a pretty fair offer. I like how you classify Edwards and Beasley both as only shooting guards, for the benefit of your argument, even though they've shown they can easily play together (actually nice chemistry playing together as a perimeter tandem). Also, Lavine is not much different than Russell (who is also a max contract going forward, so I don't get that argument) position wise, except for his willingness to play off the ball, which would allow him (unlike dlo) to be able to share the floor with Rubio or jmac. Well, there's a few holes in your argument bud. It's not like I actually care, and I don't play video games or make trades on them, I just thought it was an interesting and realistic idea (despite what you say) for getting rid of a guy that most of us don't like and bringing back a fan favorite who is clearly a better player. I'm guessing towns would be just as happy playing with Lavine and I bet Lavine would actually pass more even :) But hey, sorry for wasting your valuable time with that ridiculous trade idea.

Apology accepted.

Camden0916 wrote:Apology accepted.

Hahaha, you have some good takes sometimes, but overall you're a clown

[youtube] https://youtu.be/T2hzzljxo7A [/youtube]

Camden0916 wrote:[youtube] https://youtu.be/T2hzzljxo7A [/youtube]

Also, Dlo doesn't fit well with anyone. If you haven't figured that out yet, then I wish you were an opposing GM as you would surely be the "biggest idiot" (I believe that was the term someone was using on this board for the last GM to trade for a terrible player)

D-Loser wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:[youtube] https://youtu.be/T2hzzljxo7A [/youtube]

Also, Dlo doesn't fit well with anyone. If you haven't figured that out yet, then I wish you were an opposing GM as you would surely be the "biggest idiot" (I believe that was the term someone was using on this board for the last GM to trade for a terrible player)

If I was Minnesota's GM we'd still have Zach LaVine which is who you started this very thread about. We'd also have many other talented guys that are now spread out across the league. But sure, biggest idiot, got it... Where is this thread going? Did you get everything off your chest?