Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
apollotsg [enjin:6592798]

Post draft look of the team

Post by apollotsg [enjin:6592798] »

nbadraft.net
Size ranking CARMELO
PG Teague 6-2 195 Avg
SG Okogie 6-4 212 Good Prospect
SF Culver 6-7 194 93 3rd Highest rating (Morant and Zion)
PF Covington 6-9 225 All-Star
C Towns 7-0 248 All-Star

PG Jones 6-2 195 Future All-Star (what)
SG Nowell 6-4 202 89 49th Highest rating
G/F Wiggins 6-8 194 Average
F Diop 6-9 229 Marginal Prospect
C Ried 6-10 255 91 not ranked
C Dieng 6-11 251 Rotation

At this point, I am going to again champion for moving Wiggins and Teague in any way we can to facilitate the signing or sign and trade for DLO. I think he fits perfectly with the starting group and would be the star guard we need to pair with a star big man with defensive role players in the 3 other spots. I think Teagues 19 million 1 year deal is not so bad to move, Wiggins may be the hardest piece to move and I don't know if next years 1st round pick should be used to move him - Maybe Mia will move Whiteside and his horrible contract for Wiggins - sounds like a win-win trade to me.

Assuming (a big assumption) that Culver can defend SFs at a level even remotely close to his comp - Butler - our three defender roleplayers would be formable and just maybe help Towns not look so bad defensively - maybe it might even wear off on him.

I think we need a big that is nothing more than a brick wall - someone like Pekovic to handle teams that roll out a big man. Taj would be a great guy for this - not a monster physically but an all-around great player who knows his role and from what I can tell a great team guy - not sure we can get him back at a backup price though, he is still playing at a high level and may get plenty of other offers on better teams to actually start.

Jones is the perfect backup PG, but I think we need a couple of old guys to just get their own shot with the 2nd unit - I think Rose was perfect last year doing that but I am pretty sure he is not coming back and would cost too much after his resurgence last year.